A Conversation for H2G2 Waterworks: The Fountain
Jimi X Posted Jan 18, 2000
*tosses coin into fountain and makes wish*
*sits back on bench and props up feet*
Nice spot you've built here.....
Purple Posted Jan 20, 2000
*wanders over to the fountain
"Oh. Hello. "
Occasional Hieroglyphic, wanderer in search of the exoteric Posted Jan 20, 2000
Ther I was, still wandering about (i.e. lost) and I find me a fountain. Who put that there? (Punchline to joke....A man walked into a bar and said ouch!)
Pleasant indeed it is, but a tad cold for fountaining at this time of year.
Bluebottle Posted Jan 20, 2000
It's okay, it's a heated fountain.
The answer to your question: "who put that there?" is "Me!"
Bluebottle Posted Jan 21, 2000
Menza Posted Jan 23, 2000
Bluebottle Posted Jan 23, 2000
Very true - although that moved to the waterslides and has become a James Bond discussion... Hmm...
Menza Posted Jan 23, 2000
tyran Posted Jan 29, 2000
Alligators have been sighted in the fountain. Please refrain from swimming in the fountain. All goldfish must leave the premises until the creature has been evacuated.
Apparently, the alligators are fishing for change in the fountain.
tyran Posted Jan 30, 2000
I think the alligators were just looking for cleaner waters...
that and money... the amount of money people throw in fountains is pretty impressive....
Though why an alligator needs money is beyond my understanding
Bluebottle Posted Jan 30, 2000
How else would it buy crocodile-skin shoes?
The Ghost Of TV's Frink Posted Jan 30, 2000
It could use the *however-many-fingers-aligators-have* discount.....
tyran Posted Feb 2, 2000
I don't think alligators would buy crocodile skin shoes...
It would be like you buying a pair of orangutan gloves... it would be viewed very badly
Bluebottle Posted Feb 2, 2000
Maybe not - afterall, crocodiles and aligators are enemies, so it would be like them saying "I got one up on them!" which would be viewed very positively. Everyone likes beating they're rivals, and everyone's rivals are similar to themselves.
Key: Complain about this post
- 41: Jimi X (Jan 18, 2000)
- 42: Purple (Jan 20, 2000)
- 43: Bluebottle (Jan 20, 2000)
- 44: Occasional Hieroglyphic, wanderer in search of the exoteric (Jan 20, 2000)
- 45: Bluebottle (Jan 20, 2000)
- 46: Jimi X (Jan 21, 2000)
- 47: Bluebottle (Jan 21, 2000)
- 48: Menza (Jan 23, 2000)
- 49: Bluebottle (Jan 23, 2000)
- 50: Menza (Jan 23, 2000)
- 51: Bluebottle (Jan 23, 2000)
- 52: tyran (Jan 29, 2000)
- 53: Bluebottle (Jan 29, 2000)
- 54: Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista) (Jan 29, 2000)
- 55: Bluebottle (Jan 29, 2000)
- 56: tyran (Jan 30, 2000)
- 57: Bluebottle (Jan 30, 2000)
- 58: The Ghost Of TV's Frink (Jan 30, 2000)
- 59: tyran (Feb 2, 2000)
- 60: Bluebottle (Feb 2, 2000)