A Conversation for Project: Seti

A193231 SETI

Post 1

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

There's a *bunch* of entries out there on the SETI and SETI@home programs. My personal favorite is:

http://www.h2g2.com/A193231

Anyways, I think it would make sense to combine them all into one cohesive edited guide entry. What does the peanut gallery think?

smiley - smiley
Mikey


A193231 SETI

Post 2

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Doesn't *anyone* have *any* comments on this one whatsoever?

smiley - smiley
mikey


A193231 SETI

Post 3

Martin Harper

What do you expect? we're being paid peanuts...

Perhaps you could list the other entries on the subject that are worth looking at? You say there are quite a few.

If I recall, the procedure for collaborative entries is for a sub-ed to do the combination and suchlike. Someone like, uh, you! Call back when you've done so... smiley - tongueout
Or you could ask TPTB to do a call for entries on SETI, and add them to that.


A193231 SETI

Post 4

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Go for it Mikey. There certainly is a lot of material to draw from. It seems to be a very popular topic.

JTG


A193231 SETI

Post 5

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

The general policy on combining entries for review seems to be that the Scouts approve them first, THEN the sub-ed combines them. I don't have the permission or the ability to touch them until they've been approved.

Once it's approved, it's assigned to whichever sub-ed comes up next in line -- there isn't a system (yet!) to allow sub-eds to pick entries to edit based on their interest and/or knowledge base.

Most importantly, I've found that since I originally posted this message, someone has started a h2g2 University project on SETI. Here's the link: http://www.h2g2.com/A355312

The University projects are actually outside the Peer Review process, so it probably makes sense to assume that the researcher in charge of the project will finish it up and we can drop this thread.

smiley - smiley
mikey


A193231 SETI

Post 6

Global Village Idiot

Agreed. This thread should be moved to be attached to the page linked above.
GVI


Key: Complain about this post