A Conversation for Tibet Links

Human Rights

Post 1

Researcher U1025853

Hi John
I am starting a human rights column in The Post. I wasn't going to cover any Tibet issues, as you cover them so well yourself. I did want to link to one of your pages though, else it may look as though I have nothng to report about Tibet. Would this be okay and which page would be the most appropriate?


Human Rights

Post 2

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Hi. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I don't know what happened to the last three weeks or so.

It's wonderful that the Post is going to include a human rights column. It's certainly a subject that could benefit from as much exposure as it can get, which is the essence of what Amnesty International is all about. Let's shine as much light on the subject as we can. I would be very grateful for any exposure you can bring to Tibet as a part of your overall coverage of human rights. There are some very serious specific cases that should be illuminated, most notably the Tenzin Delek death sentence case. Please let me know if I can help in any way at all.

To get back to your question, would you link to the main page of h2g2 Friends of Tibet please, A2170982? All the rest is arranged more or less in suppport of the information provided there.

Many thanks,

JTG smiley - peacedove


Human Rights

Post 3

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Hi, Kaz. I"ve just read your Human Rights Watch column. Excellent stuff! Your choice of link to our Tibet stuff is a better one than mine - wish I'd thought of it. I'll make more of an effort to keep the Tibet News as current as I can. Thanks again.

JTG smiley - smiley


Human Rights

Post 4

Researcher U1025853

Hi John, I wanted to get your stuff sooner rather than later. Are you happy with the link I have made to your info? I will be ignoring Tibet stories as that is your domain, are you happy with that?


Human Rights

Post 5

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

The link to Tibet News is a good choice. Naturally, I would like to promote as much awareness as possible of the situation in Tibet. A regular link to Tibet News would serve that end admirably. If something particularly egregious happens, perhaps you could include that in your column.


Human Rights

Post 6

Researcher U1025853

Hi John, I intend to always include the link to Tibet News. Do let me know if something happens which you want included.

It seems the Dalai Lama was trying to make the right noises to China, which was a bit shocking. But now China wants him to acknowledge Chinas right to Tibet and Taiwan, I think there maybe news there soon, the US intends to get involved to protect Taiwan. Shame they never wanted to protect Tibet, but then not many products have 'made in Tibet' on them so nothing of worth to protect there then?smiley - erm


Human Rights

Post 7

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

The Dalai Lama has said for years that he is not seeking autonomy for Tibet, merely genuine autonomy within China, which is really nothing more than asking the Chinese to put into practice what they promised when they invaded the country.

China's relationship with Taiwan is cause for real concern, I think. The new Chinese law establishing a legal context for unleashing the 2.5 million strong People's Liberation Army against the Taiwanese should be a wake up call.


Key: Complain about this post