A Conversation for Entertainment for Insomniacs

hockey

Post 1

several, a/k/a random

indeed, the latest players' offer to the hockey owners was rejected, and the owners' subsequent counter-offer was summarily dismissed as well. i knew that ESPN (Entertainment Sports Programming Network) has expanded across the pond, but didn't know in what form.
is there a nightly wrap-up show called 'sportscenter' there ? it would be on in your very early mornings there, and repeat during the day. www.espn.go.com was the e-addy, last i checked it, not for the show, but for the content, plus commentary.
happy holidays, Egon.
smiley - musicalnote


hockey

Post 2

egon

Sports Center certainly isn't on Five, and I don't think ESPN have established their own UK channel yet. They may provide it to the cable channel NASN (North American Sports Network), but unfortunately I don't have cable or satellite TV. Although I may look to change that ow that Sky ahve bought exclusive live cricket rights. Wither that or spend entire weekends in the pub, one of the two.

I am going to combine my christmas holiday with my love of sport this year, spending the afternoon of thed 16th attending a soccer game in Edinburgh, which'll be good.

Hope you enjoy yourself over the festive period. smiley - cheers


hockey

Post 3

several, a/k/a random

unfortunately, i've spend enough time in the pubs, and the 60-some channels that come with cable teevee are quite enough, so i've been sticking with the confuser and the radio/ boombox up here in the belfry with the books.
the teevee can stay downstairs, and i can fall asleep on the couch just fine when necessary.
smiley - musicalnote


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Entertainment for Insomniacs

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more