A Conversation for Pykrete

Collaborative Writing Workshop: A3382003 - Pykrete

Post 1

Captain T A Nuge, leader of the Clique (A3542186) Join today! -Back from the dead-

Entry: Pykrete - A3382003
Author: Captain Nuge, Lord High President of Stuff, Star Trek and pocket lint and general Thurs*** disliker - U968321

Right, anyone have anything to add? i've put in a bit, but any more info will be put in if you have it!


A3382003 - Pykrete

Post 2

Eowyn

This sounds like your telling porky-pies, you naughty boy! Isn't the Alternative Writing Workshop the right place for that sort of thing?


A3382003 - Pykrete

Post 3

Captain T A Nuge, leader of the Clique (A3542186) Join today! -Back from the dead-

No, honestly, its true, even look it up on google! Or a history book! I did huge amounts of research on it, for a project that failed, so I put it in that entry. It's perfectly true, check it yourself.


A3382003 - Pykrete

Post 4

Geggs

I'm willing to accept that Pykrete exists.

I cite the follow as evidence:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pete_hall_uk/pyke.htm

http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/1928/pykrete.htm

http://www.combinedops.com/Pykrete.htm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/A1141994

However, these sites do seem to contradict this entry in places. For example, most say that Lord Mountbatten dropped the block in Churchill's bath, rather than Pyke himself. This seems more likely, as I can't really see Churchill letting just anyone into his bathroom, though he may let Persons of Quality to enter.

Could you put some more of your research into the entry? It's a bit short as it stands.


Geggs


A3382003 - Pykrete

Post 5

Geggs

And then there's this page:

http://jwgibbs.cchem.berkeley.edu/CFGoodeve/pykrete.html

that seems to contradict pretty much everything except for the existence of Pykrete. It says that Pyke didn't make it, it was just named after him. Casts doubt on the story about Churchill's bath too, though no evidence is presented either way, so I think it could be mentioned as a story that is told, and may or may not be true.

I think that entry might be more believable if it came from the perspective of what Pykrete is, what it can do, how it can be made in your own home, and then mention the various (apparently contradictory) stories about it's creation and history.


Geggs


A3382003 - Pykrete

Post 6

Captain T A Nuge, leader of the Clique (A3542186) Join today! -Back from the dead-

Er, yeah. I tried to work out what was truth and not, but I'll try and fill it out a bit more, I'm fairly new, so I'm still learning!


A3382003 - Pykrete

Post 7

Eowyn

Okay Captain Nuge, I believe that you didn't make it all up. But it sounds like an April Fools Day hoaxe to me.


A3382003 - Pykrete

Post 8

Captain T A Nuge, leader of the Clique (A3542186) Join today! -Back from the dead-

Okay, but its not April yet.


Key: Complain about this post