A Conversation for Wasps - A Short Story

Them sripey varments

Post 1

Davcat the Amply Proportioned

I too hate wasps, but do not kill them. I always endeavour to free them, because they do a lot of good in the garden, ie get rid of pesky and harmful insect s like green/blackfly.

They are really only dangerous in the autumn, when their nest duties are over. They crave sugar ("oooohhh - sugar!" [Homer Simpson voice]) and will sting for no apparent reason. Never mind. smiley - hsif


Them sripey varments

Post 2

Ming Mang

Yeesh, sorry, I didn't spot a reply!! Sorry!!

I don't actually mind them, and I too try not to kill them, but I did once when one surprised me by stinging me on the arm. I didn't know it was there, so I kind of went 'Splat' right on it and injured it so much I thought it best to kill it. That was the only time I have screamed because I was stung by a wasp. I hate killing insects. I hate killing anything. But I don't mind killing ants if they're attempting to carry my sweets away. That I hate. They're MY sweets!
I too like sugar a lot. Sugar, sugar, sugar, makes you happy, makes you hyper!! That almost rhymes. Not really, though... Oh well...
Mmmm, never mind... smiley - fish !

¦M¦


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more