A Conversation for Tribute to John Peel

Moved

Post 1

frenchbean

Thank you for putting all that into words.

Part of the background of my life has gone with John's death. Hopefully his legacy will be greater recognition for real music.


Moved

Post 2

Demon Drawer

Jon_M I hope you make it as a band. It may be harder without such a champion as John Peel. He will be dearly missed both under the covers and out of bed too.


Moved

Post 3

dorydog

Thank you for your writing - you are right that much has been said regarding his contribution to the music industry, his dry humour and open character, and his incredible ability to reach out and make every listener feel important and close by. Nevertheless that doesn't change the fact that we have lost a special and genuine person whose voice touched many. I, for one, will miss him on the radio especially on Hometruths and I did miss him just last sat when he was on holiday. May his family and close friends take some comfort from the thoughts and words of the many radio listeners and music lovers who have expressed such shock and sadness at his untimely death.
...........and may new music still get to be heard by those that have open ears and minds!
To John Peel...........


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Tribute to John Peel

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more