A Conversation for Tribute to John Peel

Quotes

Post 1

CaptainMocker

Hello Boys and Girls

I think of this nearly the same as the two others. But for me it´s not that important how important John Peel was for this band or that band. Important for me is how important he was for my musical education. He really widend my musical view. Plus he was a real entertainer. I listened to him in Germany on BFBS. And spend many sunday evenings enjoying the programme, often taping it and having a jolly good laugh about John´s remarks. I really like that guy and thought of him as a model. Thats the way I want to be when I´m over 60.

Here are some quotes I really liked:

"Don´t want to drive you all into a frenzy of lust, but I think it is important to let you know that I´m doing this programme in my underpants. It´s amazingly hot here!"

After he was named honorary doctor he told that his milkman would now adress the bills to Doctor Peel. Then he played "The greatest gift of all" and afterwards was wandering about the meaning of the song. "The greatest gift of all - what could that be? Could it be the gift of healing?"

And he gave us plenty of informations about bands and record companies. "There is an explanation why Johnson Family Records is called Johnson Family Records, but I can´t be bothered to go through it and it´s not that important. If you buy the record, you gonna find out. It´s quite interesting - but not that interesting."

I´ve written down the whole story how John Peel crossed my life and changed it under

http://www.alternativeradio.de/news.html

unfortunately it is in german, but I pasted the funny quotes to here. This Guy was a rockin´ one!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Tribute to John Peel

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more