A Conversation for The h2g2 Tour - How to Find Out More

Mankind

Post 1

Stone

Mankind have only had a comparatively brief time on the planet, and in that time they have managed to wipe out more species of life than you could ever hope to count. Is anyone out there of the opinion that we (the people who actualy care) should rise up and take over from the power hungry capitalist oppressors?


Mankind

Post 2

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

You might like to take this question and post it over at <./>Askh2g2</.> - there'll be lots of peopl eager to answer it there!

Whoami? smiley - cake
OffiƧial h2g2 Ace


Mankind

Post 3

DetraxMarda

I agree, these anarchistic beaurocrats are a feature of the past. Let us rise and peacefully replace them by popular vote. If the people had a choice of those in parliament or congress or the House of representatives or even the president or prime minister things would be differnt. However, the people who obtain office in almost all countries did so because they had money is there any current politician who lives in a trailer? Or has a used carfor thier conveyance? I think not.


Mankind

Post 4

Monadnock

'The meek shall inherit the earth... if thats ok with the rest of you'
I'd love to attribute that quote, but i forget where i heard it.
neverthless, its kind of relevant here.
Politicians are simply the people who have learned to work the leadership system we currently use to their best advantage.
Even if 'the people' all rose up and removed whatever system of rule they currently live under, all that would happen is that another set of individuals with the desire to rule others would adapt to the new system and percolate their way to the top.
every now and then a particularly nice person with good ideas and no wish to harm others makes it into a position of power, but generally speaking they don't last long.
I know that sounds pretty cynical but sadly humankind is a rather diverse set of characters with a bewilderingly huge array of beliefs and attitudes, most of which disagree with all the rest.
I decided not to have a religeon after i checked them all out and realised they all have very similar core beliefs (i.e be nice to each other, don't steal, dont shag your neighbours wife etc etc) and yet all totally disagree about which faith is the right one.
Politics is the same, core beliefs (for the good of the people, blah blah, dumdedoo..)and a total disagreement on how to implement them.
I have a nasty suspicion that the only way to achieve a humanwide peaceful system of self governance would be to put chips in our heads and merge together like the Borg of startrek fame, so long induviduality! hello obediant droid.
the only obvious alternative solution is to gather together into small groups that totally agree with each other, develop mighty galaxy crossing starships and go colonise the universe, 1 planet per group. anyone left on earth can turn it into a historic place/museum "mankind born here, please make a donation for upkeep"


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more