A Conversation for M2M2 - Rants

My MP

Post 1

Demon Drawer

Sorry Tony, my MP seems to be unhappy to represent all his contituents. He sent me a rather nice letter saying sorry but (the MP) does not see you problem as being high on his list of proirities at present. So much for Northern Ireland politics, he's aan adamant No campaigner, so I'll let you guess where his agenda lies.


My MP

Post 2

Tony

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What does he do, if not represent his constituents?


My MP

Post 3

Demon Drawer

I wrote to him re Section 28 and that was the response I got back. Every single statement he seems to make is directly only against the good friday agreement. He's as one sided as a piece of paper.


My MP

Post 4

Tony

You mean you wrote to him about one issue and he replied about something completely different???


My MP

Post 5

Demon Drawer

No he just replied this wasn't a high priority for him at this time.


My MP

Post 6

Tony

You'd have thought someone would have warned MPs that they actually might need to have an opinion on bills currently tabled in Parliament once in while, wouldn't you?


My MP

Post 7

Demon Drawer

Unfortunately the nature of the beast in Northern Ireland ahsn't gotten to that stage quite yet. For the 72 days of devolved power, he was doing everything in his power to obstruct what was going on.


My MP

Post 8

Tony

Well, that's... um... terribly constructive... or something...

I guess at least (and this is a very dim silver lining) at least it wasn't deliberate prejudice...


My MP

Post 9

Cathy

But isn't that the point - most of the Northern Ireland issue /is/ based on prejudice.


My MP

Post 10

Tony

Yeah, fair enough, but he wasn't actually directing particular angst at this, just too busy with other stuff. I, for one, would probably not mind them leaving Section 28 (for all it's irrelevance) if they actually spent the time getting all the homeless housed, the starving fed, etc. etc....


My MP

Post 11

Cathy

Peace in their country..... oh no wait - that's what they're trying to do!


My MP

Post 12

Tony

Erm, yes, that's what I mean...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more