A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3221

Dizzy H. Muffin

I demand that I may or may not agree with the above article! smiley - silly


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3222

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

smiley - laugh

Yes, if you're following the NaJo journals, there is a wealth of stuff to make your conversation list hard to keep track of.

smiley - rose <--- poppy


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3223

Titania (gone for lunch)

*flops down on sofa, not at all gracefully*

I need to stop trying to read the NaJoPoMo journals of others while trying to keep up my own. Otherwise, I'll just fail, like I did all the previous years I tried.

*blows nose noisily*^

Matina, I could really use a mug of hot Glögg, please...


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3224

Vip

I am skim reading, and occasionally commenting if I'm by a PC. But it is a lot to keep up and comment on everything, and I don't expect that anyone will think the less of you, Ti. smiley - smooch

I'm annoyed because I've taken a job that will caose me £13 a week to do after childcare. smiley - cross I'm mostly annoyed because it's my fault that I didn't check how many sessions I do in a morning (I get paid per session). I assumed it was four, when in fact it's three. If Mr Vip gets his flexible working approved then hopefully that will mean we break even as he can cover one of those mornings, but it's still frustrating.

It will pay off once I move from assistant to teacher, but that's a long way off.

smiley - fairy


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3225

Woolly Mammoth

smiley - grr But I guess it's an investment in your future career? That's what a neurosurgeon with 4 children told me once in hindsight.

I've had to give up on NaJoPoMo smiley - wah, but I did enjoy what I did. May do something for the post.


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3226

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Something for smiley - thepost would be rather excellent, Woolly. NaJo is taking over everything at the mo. Mine included. It's the trying to think if a title that's doing me in smiley - silly and trying to catch up with all the others. I *will* do it, mind.


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3227

Vip

That's exactly how I'm trying to view it, smiley - mammoth. And I'm going to tell her that I am VERY happy to reduce to two days a week when she find a replacement for the lady who was originally supposed to be doing the third day. That cuts my losses to £1.

smiley - fairy


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3228

Pastey

I'm not doing NaJo, my journals at the moment would be fluctuating rapidly between dull and mad screaming about word counts and characters.

Because I'm doing NaNoWriMo. I currently stand at 35408, but only the fifth most prolific writer in Manchester, someone's already on over 46k. That's okay though, I've got a novel plan in my head and that's what I'm writing. I think that'll come out between 70k and 80k, maybe as low as 60k. But that's what I'm aiming to write this month.

I *was* hoping to be the first to 50k, but that's not going to happen, ah well smiley - smiley


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3229

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Quality, not quantity, Pastey. smiley - biggrin

Any news on Endangered Creatures?

*waits impatiently*


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3230

Titania (gone for lunch)

Today, I was head-hunted for the very first time. We need a smiley, don't we?

Terribly flattering, of course, but one of the first questions that popped up was my salary demand.

Heck, I don't know! 50% of the full time job would be system administration for the same financial system I administrate at my current job.

Today, I think I spend 25& on the financial system, 25% on our travel expenses system, and the rest of the time various tasks common in a finance department.

I'm thinking percentage, compared with my current salary - but how much would be reasonable? 10%? 15%?

And they want a CV *tears hair* I haven't written a CV since the autumn of 2001!


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3231

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Odd, head hunted and then asking for a CV - I suppose they might have heard about your good work at where you are now, and want to see what else you've done

Percentage method seems good - base it off looking to see if you think you might enjoy the new job more/less?


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3232

Witty Moniker

Ti, do you know for sure if you are compensated fairly at your present job? What you really need to know is what the going rate is for that type of position. Then you adjust for your experience and expertise.

Not that this approach is getting me anywhere in my job search. smiley - cross


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3233

Todaymueller

It is most admirable that so many of you are writing.
Just back from a weekend in Dymchurch. Weather was a bit meh for kayak fishing. But I did get the chance to see the largest ossuary in the UK and the parades and fireworks in Rye on Saturday night so it was all good fun.
Photo's here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/23542651@N04/


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3234

Bluebottle

As I'm not online every day, I do a lot of 'catch-up' journals. So this weekend I won't be online on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, so will be writing 4 journals on Monday (or possibly an extra one on Thursday), so I still write a journal for every day of November, but not necessarily on every day of November.

But every day in November is covered, and I think that's what counts.

<BB<


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3235

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Sometimes I piggy-back on British Time and post mine at 11:30 pm or so Mountain Time. But that's because of hospital circumstances.

I just discovered pebbledrook's journals yesterday evening; he was posting the links but they don't work in Pliny, so you have to navigate to his NaJo page ( A87813471 ) in your own skin and then read his journals from there. It's worth the effort, they're awfully good.

Then I wanted to come back here and had to go three pages deep into my older conversations to find the way back to the salon! smiley - yikes


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3236

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh dear, we'll just have to post a bit more often here then?

Matina, a hot chocolate please!

Was interviewed today by a person at the recruitment company who head-hunted me. It's so long ago that I went job hunting that I had forgotten all the awkward questions you get asked.

'Describe yourself in one sentence'

Also, the interviewer asked me to think things over thoroughly, and not to accept the position just out of being so flattered by being head-hunted. Good advice, as I've never been head-hunted before and am *terribly flattered.

They're going to recruit two more 'candidates' to give their client more than one option.

Which reminds me, since their client is a university, does anyone know how the Salonista librarians are faring? Haven't seen them posting for a long time...


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3237

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

I (in the process of being rejected from the job) would probably answer "the type of person who can't be summarised into one line"


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3238

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Google is kicking me out of their search service whenever I use the little search bar in the upper right corner, says our network is using an automated search on them. Not one single member of staff knows enough about computers to do anything about this. smiley - grr All I can do is send a cna around the building to see who's online. When he has time. And email a screenshot to our administrator, who failed to change the guest account password when I warned him five weeks ago, when this last happened.

Honestly. *rolls eyes*


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3239

Titania (gone for lunch)

Would you like to test your knowledge of the English language? This is one of my favourite tests (note: you need to register in order to see the result at the end):

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-commonly-confused-words-test

How I fared? English Genius smiley - blush
100% Beginner
100% Intermediate
100% Advanced
87% Expert


108Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3240

Pastey

'Describe yourself in one sentence'

Fr*cking Awesome Baby!!!


Does that count? smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post