A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 21

Mike A (snowblind)

And I got it.
I have read backlog btw. From this thread and last. So, uh...


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 22

Afgncaap5

*Sits down in a futile atempt to figure out what he's been up to the last 24 hours*


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 23

Phil

I think I am quite suprised! I've just listened to the very end of a soccer match that I was deliberately trying to ignore given the hype that has been going on about this match.
Euro 2000, England 1 - Germany 0. This means that England have now beaten Germany in a competitive match, not done since the world cup final of 1966.
Oh well even I can sucumbe to the hype and pressure of it all, back to what I was doing before, listening to good music on Radio 2 smiley - smiley


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 24

Mike A (snowblind)

Tbh, I'm not feeling as euphoric as I should. If we lost I wouldn't have given a damn. But we've won so yahoo!


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 25

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

It was quite a good game. I watched it live. The Poms were a bit quick for the ageing Germans. England still needs a good result against Romania to be sure of qualifying.

Wicca update. Lil, I sent this back to the blackhole on May 9!

-=:Entry [A306442]:=-

-=:Subject: Aradia Or The Gospel Of The Witches



13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 26

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

The link I posted is to the unsubbed yarn.

Must be off. My club's AGM is being held this morning. Free food and beer this afternoon smiley - bigeyes


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 27

Phil

Well just heard on the news, only about 140 arrests of mainly british idiots smiley - sadface What possess these people to do it? I know today a lot of them will blame beer and sunshine, but that's still no excuse.


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 28

Mike A (snowblind)

Actually, I find these guys more interesting than the football.


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 29

Phil

Bloomin plonkers is more like it.


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 30

Mike A (snowblind)

True, but I think they provide amuesment.

Hmmm...conflict of opinions! Where will this lead us? Nobody knows. Will lessons be learnt, opinions changed and battles be won? Let's take a closer look...


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 31

Krunchy

Hi, just caught up on this coversation, interesting to say the least, just as a thought about the whole Mike A thing, if H2g" is supposed to be like aguide to life on Earth, how can you do that with out truely representing the cultures of different people involved, to many people swearing is neither offensive or insulting, just part of normal everyday speech, in fact I believe many words are included in dictionaries, which would kinda make them an imporant part of your language to me. If the PTB are really bugged by swearing they could have included an option to filter the threads to remove swear words, I use use this on many of my discussion boards, this would mean that no one would need to be exposed to material they considered to be offensive, but it might slow things down a bit I suppose.

Oh yeah, I missed most of the match as I was cooking myself tea, but I thought the result was good, you could hear ppl singing outside in the streets round here! smiley - smiley


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 32

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

As regards British hooligans, yes, it's eyecatching news. Isn't that what the dumb barsets want? Do they not jump up and down and brandish their half-dozen chest hairs when a camera happens to look their way?

I disagree with you on this one, Mike. The hooligans drive away the mom&pop&kids trade, hurt innocent bystanders, cause monetary losses to car owners, shopkeepers etc. that happen to get in the way, sometimes interfere with the action on the field, and give Great Britain a reputation for being full of mindless drunken wankers.

It's not worth being interesting for those sorts of consequences.

Thanks for the input, Krunchy, and welcome to the atelier. As you'll have divined from reading the backlog, we're generally discussing all the issues raised by the sanctioning of QMike (Quorthon). Without being confrontational, of course. Although I claim Mike for nephew and dear friend, I'm not defending invective. Swearing happens, but swearing AT people is a whole nother thing. Mike did what he did and has had his knocks, and we're not punishing him again. But, as you perceive, there are some troubling issues raised by the whole story.


So, Affi, you claim amnesia? You've been nowhere near New Mexico, even by wormhole?


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 33

Researcher 99947

[m@]


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 34

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

It's a pity England didn't have some real men in their cricket team. A five day test match loss at home within three days to a West Indian team who had lost their previous 10 matches. What a load of plonkers. Swap the cricketers with the football hooligans I say.


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 35

Phil

I suppose that if England win against Romania, then going to the cricket will still be quite safe as the idiots will still be in the low countries. At least that sort of crowd doesn't generally engage in fights and stuff after (or before) cricket matches.


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 36

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 37

Mike A (snowblind)

Krunchy - you're ok until they find you. They found "Christianity v Nazism", but not "Gagging for a smacking" smiley - winkeye. What I hate is that these dreary old hippies overreact...how do they cope in real life?

Good points from Lil, but I dunno...that's what makes 'em so interesting. Guess I'm just too evil. smiley - winkeye


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 38

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

If you're evil I'm a banana.

The summer job of caretaking the Aroma Cafe is bringing out my control-freakiness, and I'm not sure I like it. I wouldn't worry nearly so much if it was my own forum, but trying to keep it in good nick for Irv is beginning to invade my dreams. Time to go meditate at the Zen Garden, I think. smiley - smiley


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 39

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I notice nobody creates a Hooligan forum. Wouldn't be much going on in the threads, would there? "Oh yeah?" "Oh yeah?"

*feeds broccoli floret to Mindspring who is in Lil's lap*

Springie, what would you say to us taking in a parrot?


13th Conversation at Lil's

Post 40

Phil

They'd also be standing there eyeing each other up

smiley - smileysmiley - bigeyes

Doesn't work with big grins does it.


Key: Complain about this post