A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

This is the continuing salon at Lil's Atelier. We welcome substantive discussion and become mean and spiteful about spamming and other hit-and-run intrusions.

Leave your calling card or join us and be welcome.
And mind the sloth.


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 2

marvthegrate LtG KEA

And what a fine sloth it is! On the anti nuclear songs, I seem to recall one that had the line "Theres rioting in Africa..." etc. in it. I cannot remember the titleandI am going slightly berserk trying to get it. Any help anyone?


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 3

Phil

Ok I'll have a go at minding the sloth, does springie want some greens and water?


Removed

Post 4

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

This post has been removed.


Removed

Post 5

Phil

This post has been removed.


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 6

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

That's it!
*happy crunching sounds from kitchen*
Thank you Phil.
Does anybody think Violet needs more meat?

Now, who remembers the Tom Lehrer song?


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 7

Phil

Search engines on the internet. I didn't find it till you gave out the extra info Lil.

I don't remember the Tom Lehrer song, but I've downloaded a copy it and a few others of his and he's good. I like what I hear smiley - smiley I'll be out looking for some more of his. Currently downloading the kingston trio stuff now for a listen


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 8

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

There's a CD set out which is the entire collected works of Tom Lehrer including some stuff done for TV that never made it onto any album. I am seriously considering buying it.


Removed

Post 9

Phil

This post has been removed.


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 10

Phil

Listening to the three songs; 99 red ballons, the merry minuet and we will all go together when we go. It does seem that the earlier songs look on the possible anhiliation with a somewhat dark humor. Then again, perhaps Nena being a german in the 80's and right in the front line had a diferent outlook on the whole thing.


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 11

Researcher 99947

[m@]


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 12

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

If it were a direct translation, it wouldn't be so poetic. Of course, the English-speaking bands did take a few liberties with the rhyming... smiley - winkeye


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 13

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*rescues Violet from plunging off table*
*calms the mildly panicked Mindspring*
*shakes dust off pillows*

I do wish that would stop happening. And on top of everything else, I can't access my mail!

*goes to kitchen with dirty cups, Mindspring trailing behind, meeping with dissatisfaction*


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 14

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Lil and Phil I am in your debt. I love that song. I have a anthology of political cartoonist Pat Oliphat. 40 years under the bomb. Just seeing the change in how people (americans at least) regard nuclear weapons over the 10 years or so covered by the book is telling. Going from out right paranoia (60's cuban missle crisis) to seeming ignorance (80's materialisim). Now twenty years later we hardly hear of any kind of nuclear proliferation issues aside from the occaisonal fears of conspiricay theorists that former soviet bolc countries are selling the weapons on Ebay. (I wonder what it would be like to be a one man nuclear power (Raven from Snow Crash Lil?)) I guess at least this american is tired of hearing about the dangers and prefers to live in denial, ignoring the past.


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 15

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Morning all. Marv if you want to continue living in denial then make sure none of your friends vote for George Double U Bush.

Moving right on, Lil, I have finished my new book, Zen and the art of opening car bonnet latches. For those who have not been paying attention, this book is the companion volume to my new book - Zen and the art of teaching females how to identify vehicular motor parts which is a prequel to my forthcoming blockbuster Zen and the art of battery maintenance.


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 16

Babel17

Hello all, Don't forget that Nene did win Eurovision with 99Luftballon. Loony gald to hear that the prequel companion is finished. Is Wowbagger doing the schematics?


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 17

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Wowbagger has been elusive recently so I haven't been able to confirm his commission. Ideally I want something similar to the artwork on the cover of Schellings 1800 opus System of Transcedental Idealism.


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 18

Babel17

Which is what exactly?


12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 19

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

A picture of the author.

Schelling is described as a man of thickset build, and, according to favourable reports, his high forehead and sparkling eyes were impressive. Opponents of his philosophy, however, such as Karl Rosenkranz, a disciple of Hegel, spoke of a sharp and piercing look. His character was unbalanced. Schelling has been described as nervous...

Which, as some unkind people would say, describes me perfectly




12th Conversation at Lil's

Post 20

Afgncaap5

*Comes in, wearing his detective trenchcoat, carrying a magnifying glass, and a .45*

I'm sure that's true.

I'm about to leave suddenly, but before I go, I want to ask this question: does anyone have any information on where the earthquakes/space-time blips are originating from? Or do you have any info on the location of the escaped convicts from my previous cases? (The telepathic goldfish, the alien, and the gremlins). I believe the existence of h2g2 may hang in the balance, and so this info would greatly assist me.


Key: Complain about this post