A Conversation for 24 Lies a Second

Hellboy

Post 1

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

The one thing that left me baffled, confused me utterly etc was the fact that they've just tried to stop all this occult stuff happening, and then when a little devil jumps out they decide to keep it rather them kill it


Hellboy

Post 2

Awix

Yeah, well that's the 'magic if' for this story - it's a bit like saying 'why doesn't that Lane chick realise it's just the same guy with glasses on?!?!?' or 'gamma rays don't make you green and invincible, they just kill you!'


Hellboy

Post 3

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

The groups on the island to stop the occult goings on of Rasputin who is trying to bring death and the destruction. Now beleivers of such things will probibly have read the bible etc as a sort of text book to bad stuff

Angels - good
God - good
Jesus - Good
Devil and Satan - Not good


Hellboy

Post 4

Waylander101

After watching Hellboy I now have some hope for 'Constantine', the Hellblazer adaption, my only gripe is putting Keanu Reeves in the title role of the all drinking, smoking, fornicating magic user.


Hellboy

Post 5

[...]

Is the character suited to be played by a zoned out surfer?


Hellboy

Post 6

kateri235

I agree.
If Keanu can't deliver I will have to return to boycotting films at the theater!
Why cast Keanu?
Why?!


Hellboy

Post 7

Awix

Dunno. The character was apparently based on Sting so I suppose they could've cast him... I've no great hopes for Constantine, DC seem to have lost the knack of making their characters work on the big screen.

At least the 'Jack Black as Green Lantern' rumour turned out to be a hoax...


Hellboy

Post 8

[...]

Aw...


Hellboy

Post 9

Waylander101

Just read a snippet in Empire that said fans at ComicCon found Keanu to be quite a surprisingly good John Constantine. Still not sure myself though.

Howabout Ioan Gruffudd (Horatio Hornblower and Lancelot in 'King Arthur') playing Reed Richards in the new Fantastic Four movie. I always thought he was somewhat older.


Hellboy

Post 10

Awix

Me too. He was originally written as at least early-40s (in a book written around 1963 he was shown as going to college before the Second World War).

I thought George Clooney was a fantastic choice but he jumped ship... smiley - sadface


Hellboy

Post 11

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

Hey Awix, do you know when Hero comes out over here and can i pillage 24 lies a second to do a reveiw?


Hellboy

Post 12

Awix

Came out last weekend. My review might've been in this week's Post had my internet connection been available, but i expect it'll just go direct to the vaults now...

What do you mean by 'pillage' anyway...? Shazz has always been happy to run more than one review of the same thing in the Post, Jedi jade and I both wrote cinema reviews at the same time a while ago and someone else gave their thoughts on the last Potter movie too.


Hellboy

Post 13

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

Bugger, ah well


Hellboy

Post 14

Awix

Listen, if you want to review it go ahead, I haven't actually written mine yet so there's no reason ou can't if you want to. I don't mind if that's what's worrying you (unlikely I know).


Hellboy

Post 15

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

Ive not seen it yet but i saw pictures in empire about january and it looked amazing. The trailers have only made me more annoyed at not having seen it yet. It'll be awhile so go right ahead if youve already seen it ill catch up for next week


Key: Complain about this post