A Conversation for The Beginning of the American Civil War

Peer Review: A2972676 - The Beginning of the American Civil War

Post 1

J

Entry: The Beginning of the American Civil War - A2972676
Author: Jodan - Ohio history for 4200, Alex. - U201497

Hi hi Peers.
I think I'll probably encounter a bit of controversy in claiming slavery was the root of the war - but let me say this. I've spent months researching, debating and thinking, so unless you're ready to debate, don't bring this up.

smiley - smiley Anyway. This is the tip of the iceburg. Several other entries on the US Civil War are being put into PR at the same time - and three on Abe Lincoln were already entered some time ago. They're linked at the top of this entry.

smiley - ok

smiley - blacksheep

PS - I plan to proofread these all this weekend. Here's hoping! smiley - cheers


A2972676 - The Beginning of the American Civil War

Post 2

Dr Hell

Yep. Some proofreading would be good, there are some passages where you still have some trails of editing (double words etc.) But that is of course of minor importance.

I think this Entry is brilliant. I enjoyed reading it and learned a lot!

HELL


A2972676 - The Beginning of the American Civil War

Post 3

Woodpigeon

This is a real tour de force and a terrific achievement, Jodan. From an initial perusal of the article I did notice a few typos and repeated sentences but it is probably too early to comment on them at this stage. My only small gripe would be the bit on the horses of the civil war at the end. Maybe its a bit too much in the context of describing the start of the civil war.

Great job!

smiley - peacedoveWoodpigeon


A2972676 - The Beginning of the American Civil War

Post 4

J

Why, thank you. smiley - smiley

Woodpigeon, this was originally, as I mentioned, part of a much larger entry, which included the Events of the War and the End. The technology bit - which includes the horses - was meant to define a few things and put one in the mindset of the beginning of the war. I think it's still useful, though of course I could insult the intelligence of the read and remind them that there weren't tanks and stealth bombers in the US Civil War smiley - winkeye.

smiley - blacksheep


A2972676 - The Beginning of the American Civil War

Post 5

J

Added a few things and proofread the thing smiley - ok

smiley - blacksheep


A2972676 - The Beginning of the American Civil War

Post 6

Pimms

Nice entry Jodan smiley - ok

I don't want to be too picky (smiley - winkeye) but shouldn't most of the mentions of the 'south' be the 'South', as a proper name? smiley - sorry this aspect just stood out when I was reading your excellent Lincoln entries.

Pimmsalooniesmiley - winkeye
...what does Jodan want most? I asked myself, bound to be checking masses of text to decide whether to correct a word for one very little removed in meaning...


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 8

Gnomon - time to move on

smiley - bubbly


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

Pimms

smiley - bubbly Only a few more to go...

Pimms


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 10

Dr Hell

This is a fantastic addition to the guide Pimms!

HELL


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 11

Pimms

smiley - yikes I didn't write it - Jodan did. I've never even been to Ohio smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Beginning of the American Civil War

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more