A Conversation for M2M2 - Current Campaigns

UK Age Of Consent

Post 1

Bob Dodd

As fas as I'm aware equalisation of the age of consent has already happened. It was forced through the House Of Lords using the Parliaments Act.

Clause 28 (the ban on promotion of "pretend relationships" by schools and education authorities) is still there in England and Wales, but has been repealed by the Scottish Parliament.


UK Age Of Consent

Post 2

Cupid Stunt

I thought it had too, but only one other person I talked thought it had been. Any Idea where we can get the lowdon?

Also, didn't england lift the ban on public affection among homosexuals but scotland didn't? This is starting to sound a bit silly, if the scottish repealed clause 28 and the english didn't.

Input appreciated!


UK Age Of Consent

Post 3

Cupid Stunt

Yup, after carefully checking my facts, the law did change around autumn/winter time 2000. I wonder why there wasn't more of a scandal...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more