A Conversation for Curate's Egg

Curate's Egg

Post 1

msmonsy

i had forgotten all about this one smiley - smiley...i remember liking it when i first saw it...glad to see it was approved smiley - bigeyes
monsy smiley - fish


Curate's Egg

Post 2

Jazz

You've just taken me back about 65 years when my father often used the expression. Don't hear it much these days even though so many things are like the Curate's egg.Like today's TV for example.Or our 'bent Clery come to think of it.


Curate's Egg

Post 3

Jazz

Oops - that should read Clergy - Clery, of course, is bent!


Curate's Egg

Post 4

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Monsy, it has been waiting 36 weeks to be approved. Someone must have gone into the h2g2 basement and wondered what the terrible smell was. smiley - bigeyes

Jazz, and of course the Curete's Egg is similar to the varying standard of h2g2 articles submitted for acceptence into the guide.


Curate's Egg

Post 5

FairlyStrange

*Something smells in here!smiley - winkeye"

Could it be a 36 week delay?.....I know it's not the eggs!smiley - bigeyes

NM


Curate's Egg

Post 6

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I thought I recognized this one. The original time I submitted my article that was added with your's Loony, it was about the same time. But I have since removed and then re-submitted this article. What does that tell us?


Curate's Egg

Post 7

Jazz

I couldn't agree more about many of the H2G2 submissions. Some of them are abysimal aren't they?


Curate's Egg

Post 8

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

A new batch of subs have just been appointed. They had to undergo a subbing exercise to be accepted so, hopefully, the standard of accepted articles will rise.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more