A Conversation for If I were a Carpenter (UG)

If I were a carpenter

Post 1

docsharp

Do we really know that we will die some day?
Is that what makes us different, this knowledge should give us vitality,
but some of us already have vitalty without this "knowledge".
Some people get depressed due to this knowledge.
Is it knowledge worth having? I would say that if it gives vitality where none existed yes. Otherwise it is detremental to our functionality.

Live long and Prosper, but what the hell are we doing to the planet in order to do so?


If I were a carpenter

Post 2

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

We know it, whether we acknowledge it or not. When I was three, my first brother died, and so I've been aware of death since then...

Since then, my parents and my second brother, so it's impossible to not be aware...

Vicky


If I were a carpenter

Post 3

docsharp

Some people, well quite a lot of people actually will tell you that it is only the physical body that dies and that the Soul lives on. The notion that all men die brings vitality to some people. The notion that we don't die brings comfort to some. Imagine what good could be done if people weren't so afraid of death. Of course we only hear the bad side of what can be done on the news. This implied "knowledge" beggars belief. If you are comfortable with your beliefs then you might as well stick with them. There are just too many natural Mediums in the world for them all to be quacks. The knowledge that we will die some day is not what makes us human, and the fear of death does not make us better people.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for If I were a Carpenter (UG)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more