A Conversation for Perfection

Socks

Post 1

Sebastian

This reminds me a great deal of a collection of essays (Ordinary Mysteries) written by a philosophy professor (Dr. Stephen Vicchio) who I know. He once wrote about the process by which objects disappear into thin air, the properties of thin air, and how thin air differs from thick air. A facinating collection of essays. I recommend that you read them, if you can find the book that is.


Socks

Post 2

Hedgehog

There was a theory that Washing Machines are wormholes into other Universes. As unlikely as this sounds, there is compelling circumstantial evidence - how else would you explain the fact that when a pair of socks goes in, frequently only one emerges ... and that sock is accompanied by other single socks you have never ever seen before.

I am working towards a unified theory of what fuels the Expanding Universe. I don't believe it is the sock thing - this is a simple matter exchange, in all likelihood. The facts point to ballpoint pens. Given all the ballpoint pens we go through, we should be knee-deep in them by now. It is this 'lost matter' (as opposed to remote controls, which periodically rematerialise) which pushes the expansion along.

Any further suggestions would be welcome.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more