A Conversation for Daria: An Introductory Dissertation on "The Misery Chick" and the World She Inhabits

It would make the Misery Chick proud.

Post 1

Lyric

Good work. The editors are just jealous that they didn't write it first. You do need to update, though, and add details from season 4 and "Is It Fall Yet?" (esp. "Is It Fall Yet", for us deprived australian viewers, as it is yet to grace our screens and we are dying to find out what happens between Daria and Tom!) Don't you think that season 4 lost something when the whole Tom saga started? Oh well, better that the usual crud on TV.

Also, you could put a quote from "Gifted" in your Kevin description. (From the scene when Helen asks Daria why she doesn't hang out with Kevin and 'his gang', and Daria replies "For the same reason that I don't sleep with my head packed in ice".

from,

The Misery Chick (from the land of hopping, happy demented marsupials) that can't find out how to change her name, damn it!


It would make the Misery Chick proud.

Post 2

Shallow 15

Glad you like it. I'm working on an update, I just need to get it formatted correctly...

You should be able to change your name on your H2G2 page. Just click the "preferences" button.

As for the whole "Tom Incident," while I think it could've been handled better, it's interesting to see Daria going out with someone. I make no claims in the "Tom Incident." Tom's here and he probably won't be going away any time soon, so I'm not going to waste time and energy complaining or defending him. (boy that came out really harsh, didn't it? Didn't mean to.)

Anyway, thanks for reading!

--Erin M.


Key: Complain about this post

It would make the Misery Chick proud.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more