A Conversation for The Polyglot Plaza

dyień dobry

Post 1

Is mise Duncan

OK, so I don't actually speak Polish trhat well... but I'd be interested to meet someone who does, as I'm currently developing a bit of software for the Polish market and could do with a proffreader smiley - winkeye.


dyie? dobry

Post 2

Wand'rin star

Looks like you could do with a proofreader for English as well.
(I think "day" is "dien" but it might be djien or dzien, so I'll keep quiet on that one. Hope you find a Pole)


dyie? dobry

Post 3

Is mise Duncan

Its meant to be dzień....
But the Polish keyboard has Y and Z transposed...which is a real pain !


Dzien dobry

Post 4

Amator

The subject was meant to look correctly on my machine, as it should be as I am Polish and using Windows PL. But apparently some h2g2 magic changed the ń to 'n'... OK, it is quite readable in Polish.

From my experience, most of keyboards used in Poland do not have Y and Z transposed. The 'standard' keyboard exists almost exclusively in some old typewriters and in the Standards Committee imagination. What we commonly use is Polish 'programmer's' keyboard that uses Alt-n to get ń and other Alt- combinations to get the rest of interesting letters.

If you still need help, just let me know...

Amator


Dzien dobry

Post 5

Is mise Duncan

Wow - what a shame you didn't drop by 4 months ago...I eventually switched to the "Programmers" keyboard because the other one was causing an absolute mess in the alphabetic sorting of the database.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more