A Conversation for Kings of Chaos - a MMORPG

Peer Review: A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 1

xwing328

Entry: Kings of Chaos - A2688870
Author: xwing328 - U742742

This entry accurately describes the Kings of Chaos game, and is a good incentive to get people to join.


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 2

Geggs

Though I think there is the potential of a decent entry here, there is some work that needs to be done.

Firstly, the title should reflect the subject. When I just saw 'Kings of Chaos' I thought that someone might just be putting their Fanasty prose into PR again. Thankfully, it wasn't, but the title did put me off reading. Perhaps 'Kings of Choas - a MMORPG' would be clearer.

And the actually URL of the game wouldn't hurt.

There is more, but I'm busy right now. I'll try to write more later.


Geggs


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 3

Geggs

Okay, having checked out the game site, I think I understand a bit more now.

I think a bit more detail all round is needed. More about the creation of the game and it's history ( short though that may be). More about how to play the game as well, and the sort of problems that arise.

Have a look at some of these pages, they might help you to see what I mean:

A2207260 - NationStates - the Internet Game
A978339 - Celebdaq - The Online Celebrity Stock Market
A588215 - EverQuest - the Online Role Playing Game
A1132129 - Free Massively Multiplayer Online Games

The trick is in the detail, the more you can say the more intersting and detailed it must be, and so it's more likely to be interesting to others.

I do like this entry, and I hope you can find the time needed to make it a top-notch entry.


Geggs


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 4

Geggs

I've just asked if we're allowed to post recruiting links on h2g2. Here's the thread - <./>F615?thread=429223</.>.

I would rather like to post my link, you see, but I thought I'd better check first.

Oh, and please do remember to post to this thread if you make any changes to your entry. It helps others to keep track.


Geggs


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 5

xwing328

I have begun work on updating the Kings of Chaos entry. I'm kind of busy right now, so I can't finish it yet. I want to post my link too, so if you get any word about it, please tell me. Thx.


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 6

xwing328

Ok, I've done some more research in my spare time, and think I'm done now. It tells you most of what you need to know to play, and more of the history as well. Tell me what you think. Thanks. smiley - ok


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 7

Geggs

I'm glad to see that you are putting so more working into this, but unfortunately simply copying the biogs and a brief history from the game's site doesn't really count as research. Now, if you'd re-written them in your own words, that would be better.

So, a few questions:

Why is the game broken up into Ages? Have the creators given any reason for this? How is one Age different from the next? Is it just an updated release of the game with added features?

How is play actually conducted in the game? And how does the ranking system work? I guess that the Strike, Defensive, and Covert rankings are merely based on your stats in relation to the other players, and the overall ranking seems close to an average of those three, but not quite spot on, so there must be another element as well.

I see that it's possible to send messages in the game as well (I've just sent you one, actually). Does this get used much? And is the messageboard as giveupalready.com popular?

Oh, and when is it possible to buy mercenaries? I keep trying to, but the game tells me none are available.

Keep working on it, it'll all come good in the end.smiley - smiley


Geggs


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 8

Geggs

Having just had a quick look around the net for related articles, I find that most of this entry is just a slight re-ordering of an article on Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_of_Chaos

I would suggest that to avoid any copyright problems that you should do a slash and burn. Then start writing an entry from scratch. Obtaining information from other websites is okay, but your entry should be written in your words, not those of another. When I wrote my first entry I got info from several different sites, and armed with that info I personally wrote every last word in that entry, as I have in every entry since.

I want to see your words here xwing, not just something copied from somewhere else.

I want to see this entry in the Edited Guide, I really do. I hope you're capable of making it worthy of a place in it.


Geggs


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 9

xwing328

Hey Geggs, would you suggest that I just take out the biographies of the four creators? Thanks for your input so far. I worked on 'The Basics' section, and will continue to fix up the rest of it. Any more comments from you or others would be greatly appreciated.


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 10

xwing328

The article has been fixed for a while and no one has responded yet, so any input again would be appreciated. smiley - ok


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 11

Geggs

You know, I left off commenting on this entry in the hope that someone else might do so. Such forlorn hope.

The entry looks okay, but I still don't think you've gone into enough detail. Have a look at A2207260 for example. It goes into a great deal of detail about the NationStates game. That is what is needed here also. Assume you are writing for some that is intelligent, but has absolutely no idea what you are taking about. Describe in detail everything that can be done in the game.

For instance, what are the various levels of fortification? To what extent do they effect gameplay? Equally, for siege technologies.

Are there and tactics that produce a better game, or is it better to just attack everything in sight? How should you choose your targets? Is it better to attack those ranked higher than you (will it increase your rank if you beat them) or should be just beat on those below you, knowing that they are usually easy pickings?

Also I want to make sure that the entry is your own work. In the Writing-Guidelines point 14 is 'Do not copy from other sources'. Ignoring the guidelines can have serious consequences, especially point 14, as your entry could be removed as a result.

There's still a lot of work to do on this entry before it's ready for the Edited Guide.


Geggs


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 12

Geggs

There's been a lot of changes to the game over the last few days, and the Third Age is due to begin on the 15th.

Both of those now need to be taken into account in the entry.


Geggs


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 13

xwing328

Thanks Geggs, I just finished updating it and changing a bit hopefully for the best. Are you still playing Kings of Chaos?


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 14

xwing328

Sorry, I just read your 2nd to last post. I didn't notice it before. I'll be adding more details in a minute. Thanks for your warning about the rules. When I first began writing this(a few months ago), I had copied out of the Help section and off of a webpage, but now I have gone through and redone everything so that it is my own writing, not plagerism.
The reason I didn't go into all of the details at first is because I didn't believe that someone would want to sit and read every single aspect of the game, but now I am beginning to see your point. So be looking for an updated entry! smiley - cheers


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 15

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Hmmmm... right now, I think I would still agree with some of those who posted above, that there just isn't anything I'm learning from this entry that I can't learn easier from http://www.kingsofchaos.com/help.php

What are the things *you* can tell us about the game that aren't listed in the rules on the website? Who enjoys playing the game? Is it mostly a teenage/university guy thing, or are all sorts of people playing? Is it something people do with their friends, or on their own? Is it the kind of thing you'd spend a few minutes here and there with, like nationstate, or the kind of thing some people sit in front of all day long, like everquest? Why do people play, what do they get out of it? In what ways is it better or worse than similar games?

Looking forward to hearing more!
smiley - cheers
Mikey


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 16

xwing328

Wow, I didn't even notice you had replied, so I'm getting to work on it right away now. Thanks for the support and ideas. smiley - ok


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 17

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Great! smiley - cheers When you've had a chance to work on it, stop by here and let us know, and we'll come take another peeek.

smiley - cheers
Mikey


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 18

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Author has elvised.

Flea market or back to entry?


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 19

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

I would say Flea Market, as I think there's enough here to get someone started.

smiley - cheers
Mikey


A2688870 - Kings of Chaos

Post 20

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

smiley - ok adding to the list smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post