A Conversation for LSD

Bull Pats

Post 1

Beeblefish

Whether or not some CIA agent got really high and jumped off a building (actually, I hope it is true) is irrelevant. LSD became a frowned upon substance (following pot and mushrooms etc)do to the fact that once prohibition of alcohol was lifted the FBI had nothing to do and would have to be seriously downsized -- and we couldnt have that now could we? SO they went on a witch-hunt to find other things they could police. When LSD came along, they must have had a party!

~Beeblefish (Trippy Man) smiley - fish


Bull Pats

Post 2

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

The story (probably an Urban Legend) that I heard from a friend who was into LSD was that it was developed by the government as an experimental drug that was supposed to help you access the other 96% of your brain that nobody uses. So when hippies said "this'll expand your mind," they were actually reflecting the belief that it was going to make them smarter. Maybe there's something to that, after all; the dude who told me that was pretty damned sharp.


Bull Pats

Post 3

Beeblefish

That story may actually be true -- but I'll tell you what is an urban legend -- that we only use a small percentage of our brains.

We use the lot -- I know -- Ive studied neuropsychology. The confusion lies in that we only use certain parts at certain times.

Since we are where we are -- lets use a computer analogy.

It would be like saying that since we only use a small part of our computer's files at any given time -- we arent using the full potential of the computer.

We use our brains' different parts when we need them -- and we dont when we dont -- its efficiency.

~Beeblefish smiley - fish


LSD and IQ

Post 4

[body]02:04:02

I remember reading that back in the days when scientists were allowed to study the effects of LSD, some reports concluded that moderate consumption of LSD improves the persons IQ by an average of 10 points.

True or false?

Well, I am sure that every >succesful< psychonaut out there will confirm that psychadelics provide you with new ways of looking at things. You gain new analytic capabilities which in turn provide better understanding and ability to solve problems.

I generally tend to experience that people not familiar with psychadelics need more time and effort to understand complex relations and abstract systems.

So why is LSD illegal? Why would our government prefer appaently dumber people? The answer is conformity. Psychonauts tend to have a craving to explore other possibilities, create their own perceptions about life and human interactions. If everyone tried LSD, there would be no one to send out to fight the wars.

Having said that I must add that not everyone is ready to accept the insights that a trip might give and remember that it's illegal so just say no and make your leaders happy.


LSD and IQ

Post 5

Researcher 157575

i dont know if people are aware of this, but the war on drugs is funded by alcohol, tobacco and pharmacutical companies. the reason we have limits on our freedom(which is the very thing this f***ing country was founded on) is because they want to make money(the other thing our country is founded on). if we were allowed to experiment with natural plants it might lead to people being aware of healthy alternatives to booze and cigarettes and maybe some people would realize there is not a pill that cures your bad habits and gets rid of your boredom and irons your clothes for you.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more