A Conversation for 24 Lies A Second

Good Review

Post 1

Secretly Not Here Any More

I quite enjoyed VH, apart from during the emotional/cheesy/not very good ending I kept saying 'Luke, go to Dagobah' under my breath, which did upset my mates just a leeeetle bit.

The plot was, well, erm, was there a plot?


Good Review

Post 2

Awix

If you get just-enough-plot in this kind of film you should count yourself lucky. I thought it pretty much qualified though then again I thought it suffered a bit from Starsky & Hutch syndrome - using a famous name but then attaching something wholly new and different to it.

I'm a huge Peter Cushing fan, so I was expecting to hate this movie. But I actually quite enjoyed it.

Off on a tangent now...

There's a fortnight's break in the Post coming up, which rather annoyingly roughly coincides with the release of three big summer films - Troy, Day After Tomorrow, and Potter 3.

Will people still care about these films by the time the Post comes back? Will everyone have seen them/be sick to death of reading about them? Because if so I won't bother talking about them and go straight on with new stuff. Guidance from my readers would be appreciated...


Good Review

Post 3

Secretly Not Here Any More

Do it! DO IT! As long as you slate Potter 3.


Good Review

Post 4

Awix

That's a vote for 'play catch-up' - though I suspect the new Potter may be a significant improvement over the first two. Chris Columbus is a reasonable explorer but a pedestrian director.

Any votes for 'press on with new stuff'?


Good Review

Post 5

Secretly Not Here Any More

*tumbleweed*


Good Review

Post 6

Awix

I should point out for the sake of those passing here later that the tumbleweed arrived less than two minutes after the previous post. Naughty Psycorp... smiley - smiley


Good Review

Post 7

Secretly Not Here Any More

Just in case you can't read the timing of the postings... smiley - tongueout


Good Review

Post 8

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

Id say do the day after tomorrow. Not heard much about it and the advert looks pretty decent.

20th May. Thats when i have my ticket for troy. The last time i pre-booked tickets a certain hobbit was playing with his ring...


Good Review

Post 9

Secretly Not Here Any More

"certain hobbit was playing with his ring"

*sniggers*


Good Review

Post 10

Awix

I'm sure there must be a 'crack of doom' gag lurking in here somewhere but I can't for the life of me be bothered to find it... smiley - smiley


Good Review

Post 11

Secretly Not Here Any More

Innuendo ahoy!


Good Review

Post 12

[...]

Starship Troopers 2!!!! Only cause it's on dvd....



Good Review

Post 13

[...]

*wonders if he should bring up the 'people only see films through advertising' thread...*


Good Review

Post 14

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

Starship troopers 2 was.. bizarre. It lost many of the elements of the first one that i really liked, but it had some distinct differencs that made it stand out.
I might get it on DVD and reveiw it, but im currently planning to reveiw the mother of all DVD extras


Good Review

Post 15

[...]

Oh... Alien.... The Star Wars trilogy...


Good Review

Post 16

Secretly Not Here Any More

So not Kevin and Perry go large then? Crappest DVD I own, and I have a few DVDs that were free in the Sun.


Good Review

Post 17

[...]

Wrstdvd I've got is Best of Backyard Wrestling Vol. 2... and no it'snot what it sounds like and no i didn't pay for it.


Good Review

Post 18

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

Dont really fancy the star wars trilogy yet.. it'll probibly just be lucas talking about how hes trying to tie it all together.. im talking about lord of the rings. just wondering when/if the box set will come out and if it'll have extra discs..


Good Review

Post 19

Secretly Not Here Any More

Have they confirmed it's going to be in the rumoured Minas Tirith display box?

And I'll have to get the Trilogy, mainly because I like the films and don't bother with extras.

You looked at Transformers yet?


Good Review

Post 20

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

See ive thought about it, and i reckon that it wont be out with a minas tirith till december or maybe even next year. The amount of money it'll cost will put a lot of people off (god bless student loans).

The commentaries make it worth it. The little stories about how they reshot some sections for a laugh (*the elves march into helms deep* theoden: who the f**k let you in!).

Had a look at transformers (like i said) nothing that i could use for a reveiw (bunch of robots fight bigger robots. lots of flashing lights. robots dance)


Key: Complain about this post