A Conversation for Clive Cussler - The Grand Master of Adventure

Genre

Post 1

Bertie

Clive Cussler produces books to a formula - the formula is mental chewing gum but absoloutely fine if you like that kind of stuff.
For me books have slightly different functions and these are great if i want to let go for a couple of hours.
The kiss of death for a book(as far as im concerned) is if it has "well written" on its cover.
As a reader of tales, "literature" is a waste of time as it is usualy the authors demonstration of their ability as a writer and not as a story teller.
Clive Cussler has never claimed to be the latter and is certainly a prolific and talented member of the former.
Interestingly enough Clive Cussler books sell in the millions, i wonder how many books the average exponent of "literature" sells.
It is very stimulating to read the Notes on Clive Cussler, very well put and authorative.pps i should have a go at something?
Cheers


Genre

Post 2

Milos

You might also like (if you haven't already read) Jack DuBrul. I can't remember the name of his central character, but I get DuBrul and Cussler easily confused.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more