A Conversation for History of Cigarette Manufacturing

Brilliant!

Post 1

Ormondroyd

Well done ffmike - a really fascinating Entry, very readable and highly informative. I hope you've submitted it - it's way, way better than the existing Approved Entry on cigarettes! smiley - smiley


Brilliant!

Post 2

Prez HS (All seems relatively quiet here)

Exactly! This is quite the replacement of the earlier article I 'despised' so vigourously. I don't know how HHGG treats such an event, if an Approved entry can be replaced by a new one, but they should in this case. Good work.


Brilliant!

Post 3

Global Village Idiot

First of all, Mike, if you want this entry to be considered for official status, please submit it!

Secondly, I think it's a good article, well written and interesting, and deserves to become official. However, I _don't_ think it "replaces" the current Cigarettes article because it covers a different ground.

If this article had been a balancing or rebuttal (no pun intended smiley - smiley) of the existing article, I would have urged Anna to let it jump the queue and be subbed ahead of time - but it's not, it's a very worthy additional piece of work (either standing on its own or as an extra section in the "Cigarettes" entry) which deserves to be, and will I'm sure be, looked on favourably. In its turn.


Brilliant!

Post 4

Researcher 93445

Indeed, my intent is not to replace but to supplement the original article. I foresee a time somewhere in the dim future of the Guide where you'll drill down through categories to "cigarette" and get pointers to a dozen articles, this being only one of them.

Nor do I think it needs to jump the queue; I have plenty of other material waiting, after all!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for History of Cigarette Manufacturing

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more