A Conversation for Mrs Endhouse

Testing the old woman

Post 1

Tibley Bobley

Just making sure the old girl flies.


Testing the old woman

Post 2

FLYINWINTER

Yes, she flies. Maybe you should make her fly more slowly. She's a great character concept, and you could let her fly in the pages of a full novel or a series of stories.


Testing the old woman

Post 3

Tibley Bobley

Thanks FLYINWINTERsmiley - smiley I see you're new here. Hope you'll enjoy it and stick around!

The idea of doing a series of Mrs Endhouse stories quite appeals to me. This was my first attempt at writing a story and it occurred to me because of an item in our village newsletter. The scam in the story was real. There are all sorts of things that go on in villages and happen to old folks, where a Mrs Endhouse could throw a timely spanner in the works for some scoundrel. There may well be potential for a few more Endhouse stories. There won't be any long ones though. I only started writing stories in order to try to get my mind to focus properly for an hour or two. Pain and pain-killers mess up the brain. Anyway, it worked very well and now I can keep my mind on a story for quite a long time. Not a whole novel though. Perhaps 5,000 to 10,000 words. Also, short is beautiful for stories you have to read on a screen. I don't know how other people find it, but I find reading from a screen a bit hard on the eyes.

I'm glad you read it and thought it was okaysmiley - ok


Testing the old woman

Post 4

FLYINWINTER

This is a bit cheeky, but I want to suggest an idea for another Mrs Endhouse story. The character you've created has stuck in my mind.
There are two very shy people in the village, middle-aged people perhaps, who have undeclared and unrecognised affection for each other. But Mrs Endhouse can see that they should be together and she brings this about by using love potions. She can't do it openly, of course, because she mustn't be seen as a witch, so she does it some other way, with a gift of home-made blackberry jam or dock leaf hair conditioner, or something like that. They use the potions and they work, but they don't like them as food or whatever, so they tip them out in the garden, and there are spectacular consequences for the plants, animals and birds.
What do you think? Can you make anything of it?
Pain relievers? Sorry to hear that.


Testing the old woman

Post 5

Tibley Bobley

No. That's not cheeky. That's what I would call "offering a bit of inspiration". And thank you very much for it. It looks good. I think I can do it. Hope I can do your excellent idea justice. I'll let you know how it goessmiley - smiley


Testing the old woman

Post 6

Tibley Bobley

Okay, I've made a start. It's provisionally called "Mrs Endhouse Meddles" and you can find it here: A33639447 if you click on the linksmiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mrs Endhouse

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more