A Conversation for Free Will - The Problem of

Big Questions

Post 1

Serendipity

I long ago decided that there was no rational way of deciding whether we truly have free will or not. I strongly suspect that we do (in an authentic sense) and that the difficulties are all recursively wrapped up with the interpenetration of object and subject. I concluded that we must live our lives under the assumption that we do have free will, and take full responsibility for our decisions.

I'm into the 'Big Questions' too and am always on the look out for some philosophical sparring partners. Have a browse through the forum 'Mountains' at http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?thread=35442&forum=31029. I would love to get some more feedback.


Big Questions

Post 2

Joolsee

I feel the same way (as you could probably tell from the entry).

I certainly will look at the forum.

See you there, at some point.


Big Questions

Post 3

Serendipity

I look forward to it. I've got some argument going now.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more