A Conversation for Declawing Cats

Thank you

Post 1

8584330

Thank you for taking up this crusade against a truly unnatural practice. We have cats, they have claws. We would never dream of removing a cat's first line of defense in a misguided attempt to make nature conform to our interior decorations.


Thank you

Post 2

swl

I'm glad you appreciate it. It's very much a work in progress at the moment but I'm being helped by a lot of people in Peer Review to make it a better article.


Thank you

Post 3

Kittybriton

Again, thank you for posting this article. We have had a chronic problem with ear mites in our tribe of cats here, and one in particular has had some nasty injuries to the back of his head as a result of scratching.

Recently he came home with an unusually nasty injury which developed into an abscess requiring veterinary treatment and I asked (in ignorance) whether declawing would ameliorate the problem in the long term). Thankfully the vet advised against it and instead treated the abscess (puss is doing much better now).

Had I known about the detrimental effects (other than leaving the animal defenseless) I would NEVER have considered asking about declawing.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more