A Conversation for Cardiff Pubs

The Tafarn

Post 1

takitomouse

Is now called 'the taf' (in groovy lowercase) and is decked out in the 'Ikea look'. In short - they stole any looks or atmosphere it ever had and made it rubbish. Still quite cheap though, so I'm not going to boycott it!


The Tafarn

Post 2

Gaggle Halgrunt

Have they got rid of the wooden beams around the seating areas and the bar?? The washed yellow-paint walls did need a good scrub, but otherwise the decor was good.

You know, they did the same thing with the upstairs nightclub area during the Summer of 1992. They got rid of the "Hanging Gardens" with its extensive, lush plastic foliage and turned it into a concrete breeze block and pipes nightmare called the "Terminal". Is that still there? They still holding the Jive Hive on Wednesday nights?

They used to do fantastic Vienna rolls from the carvery at lunchtimes in the Tafarn - I miss those.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more