Have you heard....?

6 Conversations

We all have them in our record collections somewhere.

Great albums by great bands that nobody else seems to have heard of. Or obscure works by big name artists that really should be heard more.

Well, bring them here. Bands and albums that deserve more love than they currently receive, bring them on, to this shrine to the underappreciated. If you're passionate about Die Toten Hosen or are humming along to a Belly song as you read this, tell us about it!

Tell us why they're so great, tell us why EVERYONE should go out and buy their records right blimmin' now. Tell us where you first heard them and what grabbed you.

As a starter for 10, my own 'band who should be massive and aren't, inexplicably' is the mighty Fountains of Wayne, who produce brilliant, literate American guitar pop with choruses to die for. I fell for them after I bought their self-titled first album, which is perfect summer driving music for those brought up on the Beach Boys and the Rolling Stones. I fell for a girl that summer too, and the two combined for an unforgettable few months. Their follow-up album, 'Utopia Parkway' is a winning mix of clever, more mature tunes and downright stupid pop-punk. With their storming new album 'Welcome Interstate Managers', they might actually hit the big time. I hope so, as they deserve to be heard!

Over to you...

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2464355

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more