A Conversation for Cannabis

Drugs

Post 1

zeniav

I have been drug user for 12 years. Recently I have managed after big try to quit drugs and I am 9 months clean from any kind of drugs. The reason I write here is to protest towards these opinions that want cannabis, not really a drug, or just a soft drug. There are not soft or hard drugs. Yes maybe as to the time period that they destroy you and the way they do it, and there is no other difference between them. I have started with cannabis and have used it in all my years of addiction even when I was using heroin and pills. It is a trap to think that cannabis is not a real drug. Cannabis sucks your energy, keeps you in a "coma",in a continual fogue and creates lack of creativity, feelings and interest towards life. It can create paranoia after years of use, and numbs your nerves and feelings so much that eventually you become "brutal", with no feelings and totally irresponsible as towards life, people, obligations. Yeah of course it can not kill you as heroin can but messes up with your mind and the worse part is that you believe you have the control of it. Now that is a trap... Cannabis also is proven to cause lang cancer, problems with the kidneys after years of usage. It is amazing that after years of heroin addiction I managed to quit heroin much easier than cannabis!!! This as much for Cannabis. I could also talk for other drugs, but I choose to talk for the specific drug because it is considered to be the most "innocent" and less harmfull but this is just a lie, to familiarize people easier with drugs and make them enter easier in this hell.
I have finished with this chapter of drugs in my life. And now I am planning my future in a real basis, with real hopes and real strengt. And the same I want for all these people that still use drugs and not only. But for this to happen we must all shout our opinion whenever we have the chance to do so and never ever ever think that " yeI have been drug user for 12 years. Recently I have managed after big try to quit drugs and I am 9 months clean from any kind of drugs. The reason I write here is to protest towards these opinions that want cannabis, not really a drug, or just a soft drug. There are not soft or hard drugs. Yes maybe as to the time period that they destroy you and the way they do it, and there is no other difference between them. I have started with cannabis and have used it in all my years of addiction even when I was using heroin and pills. It is a trap to think that cannabis is not a real drug. Cannabis sucks your energy, keeps you in a "coma",in a continual fogue and creates lack of creativity, feelings and interest towards life. It can create paranoia after years of use, and numbs your nerves and feelings so much that eventually you become brutal, with no feelings and totally irresponsible as towards life, people, obligations. Yeah of course it can not kill you as heroin can but messes up with your mind and the worse part is that you believe you have the control of it. Now that is a trap... Cannabis also is proven to cause laung cancer, problems with the kidneys after years of usageIt is amazing that after years of heroin addiction I managed to quit heroin much easier than cannabis!!! This as much for Cannabis. I could also talk for other drugs, but I choose to talk for the specific drug because it is considered to be the most "innocent" and less harmfull but this is just a lie, to familiarize people easier with drugs and make them enter easier in this hell.
I have finished with this chapter of drugs in my life.... And the same I wish for all these people that still use drugs... But for this to happen we must all shout our opinion whenever we have the chance to do so and never ever ever think that " yeah, is it my opinion that will change the world???" Yeah it your opinion and my opinion and everybodys opinion and small and big actions that CAN change the world. At least you will be able to sleep in the nights with your consiousness clear from the weight that you have never ever done something to change this.
And especially people who have been using drugs in their lives and managet to quit, it is more expected from us that we have a reality on the matter to communicate our knowledge and opinions about them. Don´t you think so???

If somebody is interested in communicating to me my e-mail address is [email protected], is it my opinion that will change the world???" Yeah it your opinion and my opinion and everybodys opinion and small and big actions that CAN change the world. At least you will be able to sleep in the nights with your consiousness clear from the weight that you have never ever done something to change this.
And especially people who have been using drugs in their lives and managed to quit, it is more expected from us that we have a reality on the matter to communicate our knowledge and opinions about them. Don´t you think so???

If somebody is interested in communicating to me my e-mail address is [email protected]


Drugs

Post 2

Crescent

Cheers for coming by, and good to hear that you are clean smiley - smiley Keep it up. You see cannabis as evil, and fair on you, and from your history I can see where that comes from. However, a couple of points...

1. I do think that cannabis is a drug.

2. Upto 1/10th of UK's population have used cannabis - the story for 99.99% of them is truly different to yours.

3. There is no evidence of cannabis causing cancer (of course it is only good sense that sucking burnt plant material into your lungs is not good for you - but still no evidence), and no evidence that I know of at all for kidney problems.

4. You seem to imply that Cannabis is used to sucker people into taking other drugs, maybe it is, but surely this is an argument for divorcing the cannabis market from other drugs? The Netherlands has done so and has one of the lowest rates of opiate use in Western Europe.

5. 'soft' and 'hard' for drugs is almost a totally arbitary label, partially based on the amount of harm that the drugs can do. Caffine is a stimulant drug, but it seen as 'soft' (so soft that most people do not even think of it as a drug), however one in a million people will become addicted to it, so it isn't soft for them - should we ban it and lock people up for using it? Probably not. What about chocolate?

6. My experience with cannabis, I think, has made me a more thoughtful and empathic person (hard to believe I know smiley - winkeye)

7. The ex-heroin addicts that I know do use cannabis, and used it in conjunction with heroin - it lowered the amount of heroin they used. Also several used cannabis to help them come off heroin.

Again thank you for stopping by, and good to hear that you are clean. Please stop by next time you are passing smiley - smiley Until later....
BCNU - Crescent


Drugs

Post 3

Crinos

It seems to me that people are often presented with the (very honestly) large amounts of bad drug related stories.

But I've been smoking cannabis for a few years now and even though I still have many problems, this drug has improved my state of mind beyond anything I could previously imagine. I didn't do any better at school, but it gave me a drive to do something. And I'm getting there. I reckon that without the help of cannabis I wouldn't be fractionally as happy as I am today.

That's why I believe, so strongly, in my right to smoke it. But it's not what they like to tell the masses.


Drugs

Post 4

Matthop

Thought i'd stick my two penneth in.

I've smoked cannabis for ten years and i think that the rule to be used is the same for anything, which is everything in moderation. There are horror stories of people abusing every drug legal or not. I believe we should have the right to choose and not be made to feel like criminals

By the way i hold down a good job (which invlves getiing up before 6 sometimes) and am doing better than the majority of my non smoking friends.

Great article by the way


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more