A Conversation for Shadow Realm

LA

Post 121

Luthiena

The scullery lad who went missing!


LA

Post 122

Scandrea

*Walking toward the better part of town.*

What?


LA

Post 123

Luthiena

*keeps hold of Scandrea with her right arm*

We had a scullery lad by that name; a slave at the castle. When he was roughly fifteen years old he disappeared, we didn't know where he had gone but now I think I understand. He must have stumbled across a rip in the fabrics between realms like you did to arrive in mine


LA

Post 124

Scandrea

My Dad's from the Demon Realm?

Huh. All this time I thought he was from Duluth.



*They are crossing town, when an airplane making all the noise of a jet engine flies overhead. Scandrea looks up briefly, but doesn't spare it a second thought.*


LA

Post 125

Luthiena

*Ena lets go of Scandrea and tries to cover both ears with one hand, the noise is physically painful*


LA

Post 126

Scandrea

*Looks back when Ena lets go.*

Are you all right?

*Looks up.*

Oh! That's an airplane- they're much less noisy on the inside.


LA

Post 127

Luthiena



*she takes the cap off to reveal her ears are fully flattened to her head*

I don't like them


LA

Post 128

Scandrea

It's alright- we're probably safer riding in one than walking down here!

*Leads them toward the hotel.*


LA

Post 129

Luthiena



*she allows herself to be lead by Scandrea; Thena is still sleeping on Tracer's back and Astartem is clapping her hands, obviously enchanted with the sights, sounds and smells of the new world*

Will we be safe at this hotel?


LA

Post 130

Scandrea

We should be...

*They pass a security guard in the lobby as they walk up to the front desk, and gives the clerk the credit card number.*

We need a room... erm... we'll pay extra for the dog. We saw you allowed pets.

*The clerk looks disgusted for a minute, then starts typing numbers in on the computer.*

Enjoy your stay, Miss Moon. *He says in a snotty voice as he hands Scandrea the keys.*

OK- it looks like we're on the third floor. Now, this is an elevator...

*She takes Ena by the arm, and gently leads her to the elevator door in the lobby, and presses the button.*


LA

Post 131

Luthiena

*as the elevator starts to rise she freezes*

Wh-wha is happening?

*instinctively when she feels threatened her claws unsheath*


LA

Post 132

Scandrea

Woah! Take it easy, this is normal!

It's taking us up to the third floor so we don't have to climb the stairs.

*The elevator dings and the doors open.*

There, we've arrived!


LA

Post 133

Luthiena

*she steps out guided by Scandrea*

I feel blind here

*she realises how stupid that sounds as she is blind*

I mean; where I come from the scents were familiar so I could guide myself using my demon instincts, but here everything is strange and I cannot tell where I am or what is happening. I am afraid to step forward in case I fall....


LA

Post 134

Scandrea

You took care of me, and I'll take care of you.

*Opens the door to the room, which has a typical antiseptic hotel smell.*


LA

Post 135

Luthiena

smiley - laugh

I recognise this scent...just like the inns where I come from

*she places Astarem on the bed and begins changing her*


LA

Post 136

Scandrea

I wouldn't have thought that your inns would have used Pine Floor cleaner...


LA

Post 137

Luthiena

Some things are the same, some are different

*having finished changing Astarem she feels around for Thena who is snuggled so deeply into Tracer's fur that she can barely be seen*


LA

Post 138

Scandrea

*Deadbolts the door.*

I need to clean up. Just knock on the door if you need me!

*Goes into the bathroom and shuts the door behind her.*


LA

Post 139

Luthiena



*nods absently still searching for Thena*


LA

Post 140

Cal - interim high priest of the Church of the Holy Tail

*steps out of the portal and senses the very thing he's running from in fear he steps back through. sanctury he must find sanctury, he steps back through the portal.

Where is he? Wait he can sense her, his only hope, he must find her*


Key: Complain about this post