A Conversation for Why I Want To Pay More Tax

I am fully in agreement

Post 1

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

This is an excellent summary of the arguments, Gosho. I never fail to be amazed by the short-term thinking of some Governments, especially as regards education. When we first had a Thatcherite Govt here, there was a slogan "education cuts don't heal" - it was true then and it is now! Have you seen the Simpsons' episode about when Bart and Lisa's school is (temporarily) run by a toy company?


I am fully in agreement

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I have seen that one smiley - ok Have you ever seen the Duckman episode where he goes to Ajax's school and finds it to be like a war zone? He wanders around in amazement at the mayhem and thinks out loud "How did it ever come to this?". Then a thought bubble opens up over head with a scene of him at a rally, holding a sign saying 'No new taxes' and shouting the same slogan. The thought bubble goes out in a *poof*, and Duckman says to himself "I dunno" and shrugs his shoulders.

Sums it all up really.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more