A Conversation for By mistake on a sleepy spring night

CAC

Post 1

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Greetings,

I really liked your poem and have linked to it in an upcoming issue of the CAC-Continuum.
A3509895

smiley - cheers
~jwf~


CAC

Post 2

avenkat

thank you! i'm glad you liked it. i'd like to be part of the CAC, but sadly, graduate school is killing me with work. but let's keep in touch.

db


CAC

Post 3

dancingbuddha

oops. my alter ego spoke, instead of me. dancingbuddha *is* avenkat, or more accurately, the other way round smiley - smiley

db


CAC

Post 4

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Interesting.
smiley - laugh
I mean it's interesting that even here in cyberspace my true spirit smiley - flyhi of truth, honesty and reality protects me from false prophets and false identities.

It's a classic example of ancient truths like 'what goes round comes round' or 'as ye sew so shall ye reap'. And it works even in the faceless, breathless, silent, inert realms of humming dusty silicon where the only communication is with written words from persons and/or machines unknown.

But you have seen for yourself that the spirit is with me and it is sometimes simply impossible for people to lie or misrepresent themselves when they are talking to me. The force is with me even online.

Half of this lie is for your benefit, half for anyone lurking, and yet all of it is true for me.

Oh and I have answered you email elsewhere and now I'm looking forward to working with you on your research into the cyberspatial phenom. You may have noticed I am already trying to suggest some insights into how it really works. But just as in real life, experience is the only teacher and usage is the only authority, so its hard to see the other end of the telescope when all of your expectations are linear and limited to only looking thru the small end of it.

smiley - peacedove
jwf


CAC

Post 5

dancingbuddha

Sir, you attribute too much to the cosmic (in this case, that is).

Sadly, my correcting myself had little to do with false identities. I have two different browsers that keep me signed into h2g2 with two different identities - one as me (or as close as is possible: dancingbuddha), and the other as my temporary student researcher id (this one). All that happened that I forgot I was in the wrong browser.

The reason I did go back and correct my post is because I want to keep my two identities separate, as an ethical research practice.

But we will meet elsewhere.

sincerely,
arvind


CAC

Post 6

dancingbuddha

as you can see, I have forgotten that I was in the wrong browser again. read the prev posting as having been made by avenkat

sincerely,
db


CAC

Post 7

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

>> as you can see...I was in the wrong again...posting as avenkat...<<

smiley - rofl
And as you can see, when it comes to cosmic realities, some people have to be told twice. And even then some will never get it.
smiley - laugh

smiley - peacedove
~jwf~


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for By mistake on a sleepy spring night

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more