A Conversation for 'Best before end' dates

'Best Before' is relative

Post 1

SchrEck Inc.

I have noticed that the 'best before' dates are not only relative for the consumer (you and me) according to taste and smell but also relative for the producer. Milk, for example, is normally to be consumed within three days, unless there is a public holiday, like easter, when that deadline is prolonged up to six days depending on the length of the holiday.

I'm glad that cows are aware of this. I would assume the they have a built-in calender that allows them to deliver milk with keeping quality depending on workdays, not calendar days.


'Best Before' is relative

Post 2

Classic Krissy

I usually just chuck any products I buy out on the "Sell By" date. I believe in better safe than sorry. After all, I'll pay th $1.45 for the new thing of milk to avoid nasty food poisoning.

Hi there SchrEck. smiley - smiley My name's Krissy and I'm an ACE. You'll probably get a HUGE hello from all the ACEs since it's our job to zoom around and greet new folks. You can click on my name to reach my homepage and the ACE's link there, or you can ask me any questions you want here and I'll be happy to help (or at least get you to someone who can).

Welcome to the H2 family and I hope you have a lot of fun! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 'Best before end' dates

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more