A Conversation for Festive Hangover Cures

Try this ... and it tastes good!!!

Post 1

Courtesy38

I have always found that drinking water before bed (about 1 liter) along with Vitamins C, E, a multi-vitamin and 6 Advil works wonders smiley - smiley

If that doesn't work then try a Chocolate Milk Shake the next day. Trust me, it's a family recipe and it works. The best part is that it also tastes great.

Courtesy


Try this ... and it tastes good!!!

Post 2

C Hawke

*6 advil!!!!* Are these Ibruprofen tablets! If so then 6 even in the low dose version is OverDose terratory, but hey I've had hangovers where death is a serious solution. I agree with you on the milk shake although strawberry flavour is my favorite.

CHris


Try this ... and it tastes good!!!

Post 3

Courtesy38

Yep 6 Advil. I had an orthopedic surgeon give me that piece of advice when I blew my back out. Granted you shouldn't do it for more than three days, and I do weight 165.

Courtesy


Try this ... and it tastes good!!!

Post 4

Anya

Mountain Dew - that's the soft drink, not the clear liquid in a Mason jar that caused your hangover in the first place - two Tylenol, a hot shower and a long nap. That works for me, especially when I stumble into the residence hall at my university at 8 am after a long night out. It really works.


Try this ... and it tastes good!!!

Post 5

Deadtree

Sorry, but you are wrong in the kind of way that is *dangerous*. Advil and alcohol are both depressants, and when taken in tandem have synergistic effects, meaning that the effects are actually multiplied, not added. Therefore, if your ideal hangover cure is a coma, go right ahead, pop 6 advil, but you might as well puncture your lungs too, just to make it interesting....

The only REAL cures for hangover are food, to absorb excess alcohol in the digestive tract (just a little bread or something light, dont wanna make yourself sick, though that works well too), and rest, to give the body time to process the alcohol.

deadtree


Try this ... and it tastes good!!!

Post 6

C Hawke

Didn't realise ibruprofen was a depressent, learn something ever day. The solution I posted somewhere else here ie N_Acetyl Cystetine really works a treat, my New Years hangover failed to materialize and I have used it ever since. Expensive though.

CH


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more