A Conversation for The Cranky Gardener

The Little Seed That Could

Post 1

quizzical

Last September when I was bringing my plants in, I found that a tomato seed had sprouted under the petunias. (I hadn't planted any tomatoes last year, or petunias, so who knows where they came from.) I like a plant with gumption, so I stuck the seedling in its own pot and brought it indoors. Despite assurances from various experts that this doesn't work, it is now a couple feet tall, very green, and growing happily in a large pot in the dining room. smiley - smiley Plant (I'll have to give it a name) has stuck around longer than some men in my life. We're both looking forward to summer, and offspring...

smiley - silly


The Little Seed That Could

Post 2

Hypatia

smiley - biggrin Volunteer plants are neat. I like finding them. I'm glad your tomato is doing well.

I used to have a smiley - cat named Sandy who loved cantaloupe - even the pulpy part and the seeds from the center. We used to have cantaloupe plants come up in my flower beds where she went to potty.

And bird droppings sometimes contain undigested seeds that will then sprout. There's no telling where your tomato came from. When it bears fruit you'll have to tell us if you recognize the variety.

Hsmiley - rainbow


The Little Seed That Could

Post 3

quizzical

The Cat Who Ate Cantaloupe!! Sounds like a good story for next week's edition. smiley - smiley


The Little Seed That Could

Post 4

Hypatia

Do you think it would get past the censors? smiley - laugh s**t-seeded melons. smiley - biggrin


The Little Seed That Could

Post 5

quizzical

Perhaps you could call it The Cat Who Planted A Garden and hope they don't read too closely. smiley - evilgrin


The Little Seed That Could

Post 6

Hypatia

I suppose I could leave it to the imagination exactly how she planted them. smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Cranky Gardener

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more