A Conversation for Barkhor, where Friends of Tibet meet

Barkhor Message Board

Post 181

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

dumplings


Barkhor Message Board

Post 182

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

To dumplings! smiley - bubbly

The Chateau Laurier kitchen staff deserve a lot of credit if they did cook the momos there. They were very good, served over noodles with hot chili sauce.


Tibet Quotes

Post 183

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

I'm starting a page of quotes by the world's notables about Tibet, and would welcome any contributors to the project - A3007450.

This is mainly to add interest to h2g2FoT, of course, but I'd like to put together something that's worth submitting to Peer Review.

JTG


New h2g2FoT Banners and Badges

Post 184

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

A selection of very beautiful banners and badges (as well as the original old wooden button) are now available absolutely free. They make wonderful gifts for all occasions. And all of them link directly to h2g2 Friends of Tibet. Share and enjoy!

Click A2268506 to see them and pick up the GuideML for your own h2g2 Friends of Tibet badge, banner or button.

The new banners and badges were designed by Asteroid Lil (U81931), who has done a knock-out job!


New h2g2FoT Banners and Badges

Post 185

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

There's a live webcast of the Dalai Lama's speech from the University of Miami tomorrow, Wednesday September 22, at 3:00PM EDT.


New h2g2FoT Banners and Badges

Post 186

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

Lovely banners!


New h2g2FoT Banners and Badges

Post 187

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

And very handsome the new badge looks in your Personal Space. smiley - smiley


New h2g2FoT Banners and Badges

Post 188

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

smiley - smiley


New h2g2FoT Banners and Badges

Post 189

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Did anyone get the webcast of the Dalai Lama's speech from Miami this afternoon? The university server was swamped whem I tried. smiley - sadface


Tenzin Delek Rinpoche Appeal

Post 190

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

The following is an appeal from John Ackerly, President of International Campaign for Tibet:

__________________________

As a Tibet supporter, you are likely familiar with the case of Tenzin Delek Rinpoche, a Tibetan political prisoner on whose behalf ICT has been campaigning for nearly two years. As Tenzin Delek's projected execution date nears, we urgently need you to take action to save his life.

On April 7, 2002, Tenzin Delek Rinpoche and three other monks were seized in a nighttime raid on their monastery. Tenzin Delek was held incommunicado for eight months and charged with "inciting separatism." After a judicial process that failed to meet minimum standards of due process, Tenzin Delek was sentenced to death with a two year suspension.

Lobsang Dhondup, a Tibetan man charged in connection with Tenzin Delek's alleged crime, was executed on January 26, 2003, only hours after a Chinese court rejected both men's appeal.

To date the Chinese authorities have produced no credible evidence for the charges lodged against Tenzin Delek, and they have not responded to calls by the United States and other governments to produce this evidence.

December 2004 will mark two years since Tenzin Delek was sentenced to death, and January 26 will be the second anniversary of the final judgement against him. We are unable to determine with certaintly which date would mark the end of his two year reprieve. That's why we are asking for your help today.

What can you do?

The International Campaign for Tibet and other Tibet and human rights organizations are actively fighting for Tenzin Delek's freedom. To do this, we need you to raise your voice.

If you live in the United States...

Send an email to your U.S. Senators. We have mounted a major effort for the passage of U.S. Senate Resolution 365 calling for the immediate release of Tenzin Delek Rinpoche and other Tibetan political prisoners. The resolution is now before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and we need a vote by the full Senate before Congress adjourns in early October.

If you live outside the United States...

You can contact your own government representatives and ask them to call for Tenzin Delek's freedom.

And whereever you live...

Send an email the Foreign Minister of China. Let him know that the world is watching.

Since his arrest, Tenzin Delek Rinpoche has maintained his innocence. While in prison, he was able to smuggle out a tape that was later broadcast on Radio Free Asia. He said:

"Since I am a Tibetan, I have always been sincere and devoted to the interests and well-being of Tibetan people. That is the real reason why the Chinese do not like me and framed me. That is why they are going to take my precious life even though I am innocent...

Now they put me in jail. Even at the cost of my precious life, I will never stop working for the Tibetan people's well-being..."

Please take action today and help save the life of someone whose only trespass was against the authority of the Chinese Communist Party. Your support is important and will help us reach the critical mass necessary to provoke a positive result.

Sincerely,

(signed) John Ackerly


Barkhor Message Board

Post 191

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

This is a short movie by ICT about Tenzin Delek Rinpoche

http://www.savetibet.info/documents/mov/tdr.mov

Time is runnng out for this man. Please get involved.

JTG


Barkhor Message Board

Post 192

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

The Dalai Lama's speech at the University of Miami, originally broadcast live, is now available:

http://streaming.miami.edu:8080/ramgen/richter/dalailama_09222004.rm


Barkhor Message Board

Post 193

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Students for a Free Tibet has unveiled its new and improved web site:

http://www.studentsforafreetibet.org/


Barkhor Message Board

Post 194

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

I've just submitted an entry on the Tibetan Photo Project to Peer Review. Your comments would be greatly appreciated - F48874?thread=I've just submitted an entry on the Tibetan Photo Project to Peer Review. Your comments would be greatly appreciated - F48874. If you haven't already visited Tibetan Photo Project, do please have a look at their remarkable galleries. JTG


Barkhor Message Board

Post 195

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Oops... that's obviously not the right thread. Try this one:

F48874?thread=516871


Barkhor Message Board

Post 196

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Hello-o-o... is there anybody out there...?

Canada Tibet Committee has the Dalai Lama's public address in Ottawa last Spring on their Web Site:

http://www.tibet.ca/en/


Barkhor Message Board

Post 197

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

Shhhhh.... everyone's asleep!


Barkhor Message Board

Post 198

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

... And dreaming of a free Tibet. smiley - smiley

I was starting to feel like Tom Hanks in 'Cast Away'. Now I'm back to feeling like tom Hanks in 'Forrest Gump'.

I wonder if we can entice any of those other Canucks to come over and get involved. Is there a cyber equivalent of back bacon sizzling?

JTG smiley - cheers


Barkhor Message Board

Post 199

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

mmmmm... baaaacon.... and coffee. You might want to pop in here> http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F19585?thread=252800&latest=1 and leave a message. I have to run off in a minute or two. many Canadians and Canuckophiles may be found there.


Barkhor Message Board

Post 200

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Ta. I'll pop over. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more