A Conversation for Urban Legends

About the Bloody Mary Legend

Post 1

Princess_Cimorene

I live in Southern California near Fontana, and my friends and I played a 'bloody mary' game. It was supposed to raise the spirit of Bloody Mary, and all of whom I talked to said their brother's friend's uncle's cousin's girlfriend's sister's boyfriend's friend successfully raised the spirit (of course I believed it, being only about nine years old at the time).

At midnight, you were supposed to stand in front of the toilet, flush it, spin around 100 times and say "bloody mary" each time. Then, (very dizzy and lightheaded by this time) you were supposed to flush the toilet again. If all went well, Bloody Mary's ghost would appear in front of you in the toilet. Definetly very iffy. smiley - winkeye


About the Bloody Mary Legend

Post 2

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

At my school, they did the ceremony just a bit differently, which is as described above. I never did it myself, but a very earnest female friend of mine came to school one day convinced she'd successfully performed the ceremony. And as I was 9 at the time, and she was either a skilled actress or an outstanding self-delusional, I was inclined to believe her.

Did your elementary school have a Bloody Mary tree to accompany the legend?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more