A Conversation for In Other Words

Excuse me?

Post 1

Secretly Not Here Any More

"we could just dig the whole country of France up and move the whole land mass up there. The giant crater it leaves behind can be called 'The Lake of France.' Though, they may have a problem with people constantly taking a sh*t in it."

Now I'm no lover of the French in general, but one of my mates (unfortunately) has French parentage. I'd just like to say he considers this racist. Me I'm not fussed but I'd like to point out it'd be safer to move the crass consumerist US of A over to Mars, thus reducing pollution, degeneration of culture, and George Bush related desert wars.

So ner. smiley - tongueout


Excuse me?

Post 2

quizzical

Well now, George W. Bush wants to go to Mars (and lots of us hope he does), but d'you really want a whole 'nother planet full of McDonald's, Hollywood, and Elvis? (Although Planet Elvis may not be so bad. smiley - silly)


Much as I hate to agree with Bush about anything, I think Mars is exciting as all get-out (smiley - geek), and I hope the countries of the world can come to some sort of agreement on exploration vs. exploitation (sort of like we're trying to do with Antarctica). Otherwise the corporations will go there first, soon as they figger out how to make some money at it, and then it'll be nothing but exploitation and science be ******.


I smiley - lovesmiley - mars


Excuse me?

Post 3

Darth Zaphod

I mean not to be offensive. I'm just expressing the general overall feelings had by most people in this country. Yes, I know the US is no better. I tend to have a problem with that--being offensive--I do it alot. I'm sorrysmiley - sadface

Darth Z.smiley - planet


Excuse me?

Post 4

Darth Zaphod

But thanks for telling me. really. I'll not do it again. Gotta learn, I guess. Sorry again.

DZsmiley - planet


Excuse me?

Post 5

Secretly Not Here Any More

Heh, it's alright, I was just messing really, I just like testing people now and again to see how they react to the politically correct crew.


Excuse me?

Post 6

Darth Zaphod

well I don't react wellsmiley - winkeye I really should be careful. I have to remember that this website is primarily European anyway!!

DZsmiley - planet


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for In Other Words

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more