Fabrizi’s Restaurant

1 Conversation

Fabrizi’s Restaurant is an Italian restaurant located in Jumonville, Pennsylvania.*

Fabrizi’s was established in the mid-1940s by Nick Fabrizi, who had run the Tripoli Restaurant in downtown Uniontown. It began as a Sunday get-together with some close friends. But the food was so good that they eventually decided to open a restaurant on top of the mountain in southwestern Pennsylvania.

When Nick died in 1967, his wife Adeline asked her sister Rose Erminio and her husband Chauncey to help out. The facilities were primitive, but the sauce and homemade pasta were enough to draw people from miles around.

The current proprietor, Jerry, started working at the restaurant in 1985, while attending chef school at Westmoreland Community College. He graduated in 1988 and became a certified chef. His aunt taught him the secret of the Sauce during that time, a recipe she told him ‘never to give away’.

A fire destroyed the kitchen and much of the interior of the restaurant in 1993, which was probably for the best as it gave them a chance to install indoor plumbing and a decent heating system.* The renovations were done by Jerry and his family and done the same year.

But the recipes have remained unchanged since the earliest times. And in 1998, the restaurant obtained a license to sell liquor and beer.

The restaurant is still closed during January because of the cold. Hours of operation are Tuesday to Saturday from 4-9 pm and on Sundays from 12-8 pm. The restaurant is closed on Mondays, the day the staff gathers to make the pasta for the coming week.

Take-out is available and the pricing is still extremely affordable. For more information, contact the restaurant at 724-437-3060 or email them at [email protected].


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A222878

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more