Visual Global Time Zone Table

0 Conversations


Table of International Timezones (TIT)


This is not the first attempt to get the global time zones into an entry. U203563 collected researchers living in specific time zones in A831656.


As some already know I am more into visualisation hence this . Oh yes:

I concider the pacific islands as one area.

Both the american continents as one area.

Europe and africa are also grouped into one area.

This leavs the asiatic and australian area as a tail.


...GMT-9

GMT-8 ... GMT-5

GMT-3 ... GMT+3

GMT+4 ... GMT+12

GMT-12...

Evening

Night

Morning

Afternoon

Evening

Night

Morning

Afternoon

Evening

Night

Morning

Afternoon

Evening

Night

Morning

Afternoon

Evening

Night

Morning

Afternoon

This whole story is in no way accurate. It is meant to show where you can expect researchers to be active.


The clocks of the computers in my Local Area Network have a deviation of seconds. The cached responses of the DNA servers have a deviation of minutes. But the human users in the same time zonecan have deviations of hours. Why should we bother about the exact time? It is just by convention we all say it is time.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2225017

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more