A Conversation for How To Train Cheese (UG)

supersized the Y in yorkshire

Post 1

Deidzoeb

Hi Bob,

The only change I made was to capitalise the word "Yorkshire". I suspect that "metamorphosise" is not a real word, but it's probably funnier that way. I'm going to check with one of the Underguide Editors to find out if we have a policy about adding "referenced entries" links to ones not in the Edited Guide or Underguide. Otherwise, looks finished.

Thanks,
Deidzoeb


supersized the Y in yorkshire

Post 2

Bob McBob

smiley - yikes Surpriesed to find metamorphosise isn't a word. Oh, well: never mind. Perhaps you should add a footnote: "metamorphosise is not a word - Ed."

smiley - smiley If you want to remove the referenced entries, I've no problems with that.

smiley - ale for editing the entry,

Bob McBob
smiley - cake


supersized the Y in yorkshire

Post 3

Deidzoeb

Thanks! smiley - cheers

I'll take off the referenced entries, but I'll read them and see if they might be steered toward the Underguide on their own merits.

Later,
Deidzoeb


supersized the Y in yorkshire

Post 4

Deidzoeb

I had to look it up. Metamorphose is the verb, metamorphosis is a noun, and when you see more than one of them at the same time, it would be metamorphoses. (Last part pronounced like -ease.)

But if cheese were to "metamorphosise" then I'm afraid that doctors would have to "diagnosise" our problems instead of diagnosing them, and I'd get scared if a doctor told me he was going to give me his "diagnosisation".

However the only thing sillier than a word like "metamorphosise" would be trying to change it to something less funny in an article about training cheese. So I vote to leave it there.


supersized the Y in yorkshire

Post 5

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on his head
"Still one of the most brilliant entries.

I vote to leave the "metamorphosise" as it indeed increases the fiction just enough.

Sorry 'Bob McBob' I have followed the process in the UG but did not reread the article.

The second paragraph in wild Cheese seems 'new' to me.
But should ' coordnators ' not be written as ' coordinators '?"


supersized the Y in yorkshire

Post 6

Bob McBob

smiley - cheers, and an smiley - ale for you. It should. Hopefully, Deidzoeb is still subscribed to this and is able to edit it, but if not we'll sort it out somehow....


Who put the Y in yorkshire?

Post 7

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit finally changing the Subject
"He is, and next last postingss go yesterday, 3days. There is a good chance he will find this one.
Did you notice his Zaphodistic art on < A567209 >? I just found it."


Who put the Y in yorkshire?

Post 8

Bob McBob

smiley - yikes _Almost_ as good as what you do....


Who put the Y in yorkshire?

Post 9

Deidzoeb

Thanks for pointing that out, smiley - tit. I put the "i" in "coordnators."


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for How To Train Cheese (UG)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more