A Conversation for The Don't Panic Help Centre

why

Post 1

thetinman

hello could you answer me a question? why does this site take longer to load than other sites?


why

Post 2

SEF

1. Much of this area of the BBC site doesn't exist as such. The pages are actually made up on the fly from data stored in various different places. Some of the fetched contents isn't even immediately visible. All this processing inevitably takes longer than any site with straightforward HTML files to load.

2. The BBC servers appear to be run by half-starved hamsters who frequently go on strike or get their wheels out of synchronisation.


why

Post 3

Marjin, After a long time of procrastination back lurking

3. If you look at the amount of bytes and pictures that have to be loaded per page, you only are amazed it loads at all before something breaks.


why

Post 4

ekmekk

As this website represents the web, which is purposefully constructed on virtual ideas and made out of nothing than quantum physics it is clear that it is also a matter of space and time.
So this is relativity - you`re welcome.
Of course sometimes in the continuum there are backleaps. Mybe you are in one.
But maybe it is all a hardware problem.
(As it is on this planet most of the time)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more