A Conversation for The Don't Panic Help Centre

Strange Login problem

Post 1

antigone414

Hello,

I have been a member for over 10 years, my page is under U90594 but when I sign in (after about 4 years of forgetting i had the account) it takes me to a totally different page with a totally different username that is blank. I didn't have much in my original account, but darn it, I want to keep the little that I had (I wrote two essays, one about Transcendentalism, and the other about "Bleeding Kansas". Any help would be appreciated!


Strange Login problem

Post 2

SEF

> "after about 4 years of forgetting i had the account"

Those were the crucial 4 years though. The years in which the BBC added the mis-named Single Sign-On system (which required people to partially re-register for every service/sub-site instead of automatically getting access to all dna sub-sites). During those software changes it became impossible to "upgrade" old accounts which hadn't been used and thus hadn't progressed through the stages now thrown away.


Strange Login problem

Post 3

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit jumping all around the Guide
"Chances of resurrenting pre SSO accounts are slim.

You can ask the editors by sending them an email.

h2g2.Support AT bbc DOT co DOT uk. smiley - goodluck"


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more