A Conversation for Entry replaced

What gives?

Post 1

Dop

So why exactly has the www.tdv.com web page disappeared and been replaced with this entry?

It doesn't look terribly, well, professional, does it?
Doesn't look like it would inspire the investors, would it?
(Especially if they read the sort of drivel you find on here as on any other internet site where you let just anybody post entries.)

Doesn't really seem to say "Hey, we're a happening company with a big bright shiny future", does it?

That's my two penn'orth anyhow.

I hope this doesn't mean TDV is suffering as the .com boom busts.


What gives?

Post 2

Researcher 125729

I don't share your disappointment with the 'drivvel' on this page, Dop. I mean, let's face it, this isn't just any web site -- it's a Hitchhiker's Guide website. Who's likely to log onto it? Those of us who -- how shall I put it -- have original, Beebelbroxian perspectives on reality, or at the very least, who are capable of appreciating such refreshingly deviant perspectives. Wouldn't you say?

No, I'm not disappointed with this website (well, actually, if I were going to be disappointed it would be in the other direction: I certainly hope it becomes more flagrantly mind-boggling and doesn't stay quite so. . . um. . . perhaps tame -- that's how I would describe its current flavour). Actually I'd be heart-wrenchingly disappointed if this looked like just another 'impressive corporate website'. How mind-numbingly tedious.

And if some corporate types do log in a banana-peel slip-inadvertently-into-it fashion, then may they enjoy the ride!


What gives?

Post 3

Pandora

If this site is typical, than so am I...NOT!!!


What gives?

Post 4

Peta

No, TDV are not suffering from .com-itis.smiley - smiley

We're changing the name of the company from TDV to h2g2 because whenever Douglas is on television they will give the name of his company on the screen, but not the URL of the site. So changing the company name gets around this problem. We're happy for our investors to see what our Community think. That's what h2g2 is all about...


What gives?

Post 5

Peta

No, TDV are not suffering from .com-itis.smiley - smiley

We're changing the name of the company from TDV to h2g2 because whenever Douglas is on television they will give the name of his company on the screen, but not the URL of the site. So changing the company name gets around this problem. We're happy for our investors to see what our Community think. That's what h2g2 is all about...


What gives?

Post 6

Pandora

Smart man, this Mr. Adams!!! smiley - winkeye


What gives?

Post 7

breezy

This seems like a nice, quiet, backwater crannie to tryout my newfound powers.

Don’t give a diddle about the company, just looking for moose & squirrel. Pardon me.


What gives?

Post 8

Biggy P (the artist phormerly known as phord)

.com - itis? a swelling of the .com gland


What gives?

Post 9

Pandora

Apply ice...take two of these smiley - tongueout and don't EVEN think of calling me in the morning!!! (I'll be up at the crak of noon if I have to or not, so if you need more medical advice I'll e you then)


What gives?

Post 10

Radagast

As for hunting for Moose and Squirrel, I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place. This is a family web site (albeit a very strange family)! Take your dirty quest elsewhere!


What gives?

Post 11

Pandora

I resemble that remark! smiley - tongueout


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more