A Conversation for Entry replaced

that's better

Post 21

alicat (Patron Saint of Good Taste)

j


And it's getting smaller

Post 22

alicat (Patron Saint of Good Taste)

F.R. smiley - bigeyes


And it's getting smaller

Post 23

Nonametraveller

Any chance of making the downloads move a bit quicker Joe?

F.R....hmm....dare i try and guess what that means Ali?....lol


And it's getting smaller

Post 24

alicat (Patron Saint of Good Taste)

LOL. I'm not even sure what it means, noname. I don't remember myself. How are you today?

Love,

Ali*


And it's getting smaller

Post 25

Nonametraveller

i'm very fine thanks Ali....i love fridays..especially when i have nothing to do and the whole weekend to do it in.
And you?...whats up,you seem to of been in fine spirits lately


And it's getting smaller

Post 26

Nonametraveller

i'm very fine thanks Ali....i love fridays..especially when i have nothing to do and the whole weekend to do it in.
And you?...whats up,you seem to of been in fine spirits lately


And it's getting smaller

Post 27

Researcher 135193

"The world indeed is a smaller place".Tell that to a ten year old Chinese boy/girl who are only now beginning to see beyond the little village or region.
What we really have is a world which is growing larger by the second and will eventually include one universe after the other.
Indeed the human brain is,at this point in time,smaller relatively than in any time in history and will continue to deminish until time ends.
Bob


And more...

Post 28

British-Towel

And so small that Navigator still acknowledges the site as TDV, although the seem to call themselves h2g2 Ltd.


And more...

Post 29

Nonametraveller

Hey Bob,
I am not quite sure what to make of your comments but i find them interesting all the same.
Perhaps i haved used the wrong word,i should of said shrinking.Considering the fact that virtually everywhere is so easily accessible,and travel is relatively quick the world,as in our earth,is shrinking.
Your example of a chinese boy would probably apply to ten year olds all over the world,particularly in third world countries,and other developing nations.
I quite agree that our "world" ultimately will grow larger by virtue of the fact that its borders will expand further into the universe via exploration,and psychological and physical discoveries.
I don't understand what you mean by saying that our brains are smaller,is that a medical fact?....please excuse my ignorance.
If that is not the case,and it is just a passing observation,then i wonder if it is a case of our brains being smaller or our egos being swollen,thereby diminishing its true potential.

As i said,i am not sure if we are on the same wavelength here,but as a passing comment of my own,i am quite sure that in the great curve of time mankind is barely out of the creche.


that's better

Post 30

Researcher5

thats spot on - thats just what we are trying to do. The quality will build ( some of the entries in here are already terrific) and gradually we will build a truly useful and entertaining guide contributed to by a range of communities with different interests.

R.


that's better

Post 31

alicat (Patron Saint of Good Taste)

Hey ho, way to go. Hi noname. Long time no speak. How is your wonderful self? smiley - smiley


that's better

Post 32

Nonametraveller

Hi there Member 5,

Sorry to have taken so long to acknowledge your comment,i simply have not been around.Happy to hear that you think my observation is "spot on" ....always nice to be agreed with.However i am not quite sure what i said to prompt you into saying "thats just what we are trying to do".....please excuse my stupidity!!.
I am hoping that with time i will be able to contribute to the guide far more substantially than i am at present,but tell me what is the ultimate goal of the guide?...where is it going and to what end?
If you answer i shall try to reply a bit sooner next time
Noname


Key: Complain about this post