A Conversation for The City Wall of London, UK

Writing Workshop: A2172160 - The City Wall of London, UK

Post 1

Mina

Entry: The City Wall of London, UK - A2172160
Author: Mina - BBC - U290

My latest entry on the old London City Wall. There is a 'companion piece' on the Gates, but that's not quite finished yet.

I'm debating on whether to put into this entry the places where the wall still stands, but it's already quite long. And that means that I'll have to go and walk it to check my facts. And it's a bit chilly out there.

Also, are there too many dates in there?

You see why I haven't put this straight into PR - I think it's finished, but is it interesting to anyone but me??


A2172160 - The City Wall of London, UK

Post 2

J

Oh, I think it's very interesting smiley - bigeyes City walls tend to be.

I like it. I'd be nice to have a bit on where it still stands, but if you have to go out in the cold, don't worry yourself.

smiley - blacksheep


A2172160 - The City Wall of London, UK

Post 3

Mina

The weather isn't too bad, but I don't have any free weekends for a while I wonder if I can get away with calling it 'work'? smiley - biggrin


A2172160 - The City Wall of London, UK

Post 4

Mina

I've moved this to PR now. smiley - ok


A2172160 - The City Wall of London, UK

Post 5

Watermusic

Yes, very interesting - I've even taken the A-Z out to trace it!
Watermusic


A2172160 - The City Wall of London, UK

Post 6

Mina

Excellent! Is it easy to follow?


A2172160 - The City Wall of London, UK

Post 7

Watermusic

Yes, except for the fact that the track covers the junction of 4 pages! and the scale is 3" to the mile.
(Looks for squinting Smiley or Smiley with a magnifying glass!)


A2172160 - The City Wall of London, UK

Post 8

Mina

Try a different map!


A2172160 - The City Wall of London, UK

Post 9

Watermusic

Would if could! But local newsagents are not in the UK! Could look in my Guide to London 1892, but the pages are crumbling and the map is in fragments. I gave all my large scale O.S. maps away to my brother when we expatriated.
Still, as I used to give guided tours of London for our school exchange and student visitors - and my interest in things archaeological began with the discovery of the Mithraneum - I sort of know where you are at - so to speak.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more