A Conversation for Devon Meet - March/April 2007

No Subject

Post 1

websailor

Very atmospheric. smiley - envy

The last time I crossed Dartmoor, Many, many years ago, it was pitch dark with pairs of glowing eyes looking at us from all directions. Seem to remember praying the car wouldn't break down !! smiley - biggrin

Websailorsmiley - dragon


No Subject

Post 2

aGuyCalledPaff

Ahh yes, I know that feeling...

On the way back from the evenings jollities, I drove the particularly bleak bit between Princetown and Tavistock in the pitch dark. To make matters worse, I should've gone to the loo in the pub before I left, because I had to get out half way across the moor to, erm, relieve myself...

The dilemma:
smiley - fullmoon Turn off the engine and lights, get out and lock the doors, stumble around in the dark, but at least no-one will know I'm there.
smiley - fullmoon Leave the lights on and the engine running and the door open for a quick getaway from whatever scary axe wielding zombie is heading my way, but risk alerting the zombie in the first place.

After some deliberation, I chose to turn the lights off so as not to alert the undead, but to leave the engine running so I could hear where the car was.

smiley - ciderPaff


No Subject

Post 3

Skankyrich [?]

Have you guys heard of the Hairy Hands?


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Devon Meet - March/April 2007

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more